EASY Chocolate Chip Carrot Bread recipe! This homemade loaf uses fresh carrots and takes 1 hour to bake! The bread tastes just like cake – it’s so moist! This is one of my BEST carrot recipes! Serve for breakfast, dessert or snack!
There’s something magical about a warm piece of homemade carrot bread, isn’t there? Maybe it’s the love that goes into making it. Maybe it’s the smell of cinnamon, nutmeg and clove that fills your kitchen. Maybe it’s the feeling of Fall being around the corner. Or maybe it’s just the great feeling of knowing there’s a bunch of vegetables in this bread and that makes it healthy, right? I love this carrot bread recipe!
With a whole bunch of carrots just picked from the garden and a whole bed of seeds just planted I’m stocked with carrots. We’ve been eating some processed junk for dessert lately so I was on the mission to bake something delicious that could use our batch of just picked vegetables. My mind immediately went to the carrots, what could I make?
What’s your favorite carrot dessert?
There’s carrot cake, carrot cake cupcakes but I wanted something a little more savory without the frosting on top, so carrot bread was what I started daydreaming about.
This bread is delicious and really hits that Autumn dreaming spot. I can imagine this would be a Fall or Winter favorite on those chilly days where you’ll curl up with a blanket, book and a hot cup of tea. This can be a delicious breakfast or a dessert and it would be a perfect hit at holiday dinners, potlucks and friendly get togethers.
Let’s make this carrot bread recipe!
This Chocolate Chip Carrot Bread uses up a number of carrots, 6 to be exact. What you’re going to need to do is turn those carrots into mashed carrots which is really easy to do.
Time to make Carrot Bread!
Get all your ingredients ready in your bowl. Make sure to throw the chocolate chips and nuts at the end, mixing it with a spoon. Everything is better with chocolate chips, right?
Need more Carrot Recipes?
Pin for later:
CHOCOLATE CHIP Carrot BreadPrint
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup mashed carrots equals about 6 carrots
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Put a pot of water on stove and bring to a boil. Peel and cut up your carrots. Put in boiling water and boil for 15 minutes. Drain the carrots and put in food processor to turn them into mashed carrots.
- In bowl stir together flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and salt.
- In another bowl beat the eggs, oil and carrots together.
- Add the flour mixture into the carrots mixture and with using a hand mixer, mix until combined.
- Add in chocolate chips and nuts and stir with spoon to evenly combine.
- Spray a 9x5 inch loaf pan with nonstick spray. Pour bread mixture into pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 55 minutes.
- Cool for about 10 minute sand then serve warm.
Great with powdered sugar or a simple glaze on top.