This easy Healthy Homemade Granola recipe is a favorite breakfast! Not only is it super easy to make on the stovetop, but it’s perfectly crispy and versatile. Once you realize how easy this healthy homemade granola recipe is to make, you’ll never buy granola in the store again! With honey, vanilla and cinnamon, this quick homemade granola recipe is a pantry staple for our family.
Do you love granola or granola bars? I know a boy who does. It’s my other half, Matthew. He loves it. Last week Matthew became obsessed with granola again. He goes through these spells of loving it. There was a time last year where he was ready to have his midnight snack in bed and he realized he was out of granola.
What did he do? Did he pick to eat something else? No, he got on his bicycle and rode to the grocery store at midnight to buy more granola! Talk about dedication.
So yesterday we ran out of granola again. I went to the grocery store and I couldn’t get over the prices of it. Can someone explain why granola is so expensive? Seriously, $8 for 10 ounces? That’s crazy!
So after I got over (or didn’t get over) my sticker shock, I decided to head back to my kitchen and make my own healthy homemade granola. Plus, I was pretty excited to use my new Le Creuset Signature saucepan. I’m in love with it!
How to make Healthy Homemade Granola
Follow these step-by-step recipe instructions for easy cinnamon vanilla homemade granola.
Start at the stove: Add honey, brown sugar, vanilla, butter and cinnamon to a saucepan over medium heat. Cook mixture until melted.
Stir in oats and cook for another 5 minutes.
Bake: Pour oat mixture onto a cookie sheet and bake at 400ºF for about 8 minutes or until you see the edges getting a little brown.
Let granola cool: Once cooked, remove granola from the oven and let it cool for about 30 minutes. Then break up pieces into granola bits.
Storage: Store granola in a mason jar or a plastic bag.
Enjoy! Serve with yogurt or milk and fresh fruit.
Why this Homemade Granola Works
- It keeps so well in an air-tight container, so you’ll have plenty of this delicious homemade granola recipe on-hand for weeks. No late night trips to the store!
- Not only is this cinnamon vanilla granola wonderful on its own, but it’s also delicious served with yogurt, strawberry milk and even over my favorite berry banana smoothie.
- Line your baking sheet with parchment paper for super easy clean-up. Does meal prep get any easier?!
- It’s much cheaper and healthier than most store-bought granola varieties.
- It’s perfectly crispy granola! When I’m breaking it up, I can’t help ripping off large chunks and throwing them directly into my mouth. If you’d rather have crispy granola bars, you can cut them into rectangular pieces with a knife. I usually like my granola as a cereal, so I crush it all up.
Possible Homemade Granola Variations
Want to customize your granola and add in some favorite ingredients? Let’s get creative!
- Dried fruit: Any kind of chopped dried fruit would work well in this granola recipe.
- Chocolate chips: Add in your favorite kind of chocolate chips, after the granola has cooled.
- Peanut butter: Try stirring in about 1/4 cup natural peanut butter or almond butter to the honey mixture, before adding in the oats.
- Spices:I love just the cinnamon and vanilla, but feel free to add in any other additional spices that you enjoy. For a fall-themed granola, try ground nutmeg, cloves, ginger and/or allspice.
If you are looking for homemade granola bar recipes, do try my favorites:
Also try my Blueberry Overnight Oats for a easy breakfast!
Did you make and love this recipe? Give it your review below! 👇 And make sure to share your creations by tagging me or using the hashtag #brooklynfarmgirl on Instagram!
Pin for later:
Healthy Homemade Granola
This easy Healthy Homemade Granola recipe is easy to make on the stovetop, and it’s perfectly crispy and versatile. Once you realize how easy and delicious healthy homemade granola recipe is to make, you’ll never buy granola in the store again!
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 cups quick cooking oats
- Add honey, brown sugar, vanilla, butter and cinnamon to saucepan over medium high heat until melted.
- Add oats and cook for 5 minutes.
- Pour on cookie sheet and bake at 400 degrees for 8 minutes.
- Let cool for 30 minutes and then break up into granola bits.
Store in a mason jar or plastic bag.