Halloween Decorated Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Pretzel Granola Bars! These are great for snacks, breakfast and Halloween parties! Use black and orange chocolate chip morsels to make them festive looking!
While walking around the Halloween section at Target I came across these festive chocolate morsels. They are Nestle Toll House Semi-Sweet Chocolate and Orange Morsels. I threw them immediately in my buggy, not really knowing what I was going to make with them, but how could I turn them down?
I love Halloween because it means I can wear black and orange every single day. I wore this last week, but I’m going to be honest and tell you that the pumpkin socks stick around for 12 months. There’s no putting away Halloween socks, wear them every single day! You will make someone smile on the subway who’s having a bad day.
We love Granola Bars in our house and some of our favorite treats are the Peanut Butter Pretzel Chocolate Chip Granola Bars and Regular Chocolate Chip Granola Bars. These Granola Bars are super cute, not only because of the black and orange morsels, but because they have some chocolate sprinkles added on top as well. These would be a hit with kids, adults, at parties, or if you’re just like us – enjoy them for dessert.
Hope you enjoy these Granola Bars, but eat them quick or Ghost and Pumpkin are going to swoop in and steal them. 🙂
Halloween Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Granola Bars
- 2 cups quick cooking oats
- 1/2 cup crispy rice cereal
- 3/4 cup chopped pretzels
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate and Orange Morsels
- 1/4 cup brown sprinkles
- Spray a 8x8 pan lightly with cooking spray.
- Mix your oats and cereal together in a large bowl.
- Chop your pretzels up and mix with oats and cereal.
- In a small saucepan melt butter, brown sugar, honey and peanut butter on medium high heat until melted. Once it begins to bubble change heat to low and stir for 2 minutes.
- Remove saucepan from burner and stir in your vanilla.
- Pour your hot mixture over your oats mixture. Stir well. You want to make sure every single piece of oats and cereal is coated.
- Pour your mixture into your greased pan and push down with spatula to flatten it.
- Sprinkle chocolate morsels and sprinkles over top evenly. Use spatula or spoon to press them down so they are embedded in the bars.
- Cover with plastic wrap and put in the refrigerator to set for 1 hour.
- Cut into granola bar sizes.