Healthy Chocolate Banana Smoothie made with 4 simple ingredients and a blender. This tastes like a chocolate peanut butter dessert!
Healthy chocolate banana smoothie recipe
Chocolate for breakfast? Sign me up! This Chocolate Banana Smoothie is creamy, nutty, chocolatey, and deliciously sweet. It’s the best way to start your day!
This chocolate peanut butter banana smoothie always comes in handy when there isn’t any time to enjoy freshly baked Banana Muffins or a Chocolate Donut for breakfast. It’s so simple and quick while still crushing your chocolate cravings! The best part is it’s healthy and fit for the whole family.
All you need is a blender and 4 easy ingredients to make this smoothie recipe. You can add as many extras as you like or top each glass with fun toppings, like whipped cream or chocolate chips. Yum!
4-ingredient chocolate smoothie
Even though this smoothie is made with just 4 ingredients, it’s still healthy, decadent, and chocolatey. It’s the perfect quick and easy breakfast, post-workout snack, or afternoon pick me up. These are the ingredients you need:
- Banana – This recipe uses 1 banana, but here’s a tip! Instead of wasting your old and spotty bananas, place them in the freezer to use later on in smoothie recipes. Frozen bananas transform into an icey and creamy treat when blended.
- Cocoa powder – It’s what makes this chocolate smoothie chocolatey!
- Peanut butter – Use creamy peanut butter, but for a double chocolate banana smoothie, use chocolate peanut butter instead!
- Milk – Use regular milk or your favorite dairy free milk.
How to make a chocolate banana smoothie
No special equipment needed here! Simply pop everything in a blender and sip away. This easy peanut butter banana smoothie is ready to enjoy after 3 simple steps:
Add all of your smoothie ingredients to your blender.
Blend until smooth.
Pour into a glass and enjoy!
What else can you add to a chocolate banana smoothie?
Think of this recipe as a blank canvas. You can stick to the 4 simple ingredients or add even more to make the chocolate smoothie of your dreams. Here’s what I recommend adding:
- Protein – Add a scoop of your favorite chocolate or peanut butter flavored protein powder to turn this into the perfect post-workout snack.
- Oats – Blending quick oats or rolled oats (regular or gluten free) will also help make the smoothie extra filling.
- Coffee – No time for a hot cup of coffee? Add a splash of cold brew, coffee, or espresso to the smoothie for a caffeine boost on the go.
- Seeds – Like hemp seeds or chia seeds!
- Greens – Frozen kale or spinach.
- Sweeteners – If your smoothie isn’t sweet enough, you can blend a drizzle of maple syrup, agave, or honey with it.
Tips to make the best chocolate smoothie
- You can use frozen bananas – When blended, frozen bananas become super creamy and take on the same texture as ice cream.
- Add ice – To help your smoothie taste extra icey and chilled.
- Toppings! When you want to go all out, top your smoothie with a drizzle of peanut butter, chocolate chips, homemade granola, banana slices, cacao nibs, whipped cream, chocolate sauce, or chopped nuts.
Looking for more smoothie recipes?
- Blueberry Smoothie
- Kale Smoothie with Pineapple
- Strawberry Banana Pineapple Smoothie
- Strawberry Banana Protein Smoothie
- Watermelon Smoothie with Strawberries
- Orange Smoothie with Watermelon and Banana
- Banana, Strawberry, Pineapple Smoothie
Pin for later:
Chocolate Banana SmoothiePrint
- 1 banana
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup milk dairy or plant based
- handful of ice cubes
- Add all ingredients into a blender and pulse until creamy and smooth. Pour into glasses and enjoy!