This HEALTHY fruit-filled Strawberry Banana Pineapple Smoothie is a tropical sensation! Made with 4 simple and fresh ingredients, every sip is deliciously creamy, sweet, and energizing. Only 188 calories.
Tropical banana strawberry pineapple smoothie
Summer is all about the berries – don’t you agree? It’s the best time to stroll through farmer’s markets to pick up all kinds of fresh fruit, like strawberries, raspberries, and blueberries. There’s nothing quite like a Blueberry Buckle or Baked Strawberry Donuts, and this Strawberry Banana Pineapple Smoothie made with fresh seasonal fruit!
I loaded this easy, creamy strawberry banana smoothie recipe with fresh summer strawberries, bananas, and pineapple. Blended together with dairy free milk, it’s the best treat to turn to when you’re craving something quick and healthy for breakfast or an afternoon snack. The flavors are vibrant and explode with tropical goodness!
The best part is you can customize this healthy fruit smoothie recipe any way you like. Add some yogurt, juices, greens, protein powder, and so much more! The options are endless.
Picking the best fruit for smoothies
This fruit smoothie can be made with fresh or frozen fruit. I used fresh fruit to get the most out of summer produce and to give the smoothie the best possible flavor. Use these tips when making a smoothie recipe with fresh fruit:
- Pineapple: There are a few tricks to choosing the perfect ripe pineapple. First, look for a pineapple that gives slightly as you squeeze it (don’t worry about the strange looks in the supermarket). Lastly, if you try to pull a leaf from the pineapple and it comes out easily, you’ll know it’s ripe enough to eat.
- Strawberries: While you can usually find organic strawberries year-round, June is peak strawberry season. Look for berries with vibrant red skin and little to no blemishes.
- Bananas: You can find bananas at most major grocery stores year-round. The riper the bananas, the sweeter they’ll taste. If they’re overly ripe, simply remove the peel and store the bananas in a container in the freezer until you’re ready to blend.
Remember: Just because your bananas are overly ripe doesn’t mean you have to throw them away! Either use them up in banana muffins, banana oat cookies, or place them in the freezer to use in even more smoothie recipes.
How to make a strawberry banana pineapple smoothie
It doesn’t get much easier than this! The only equipment you need for this smoothie recipe is a blender. From there, pick out a tall glass and a fun straw and get to sippin’! Here’s how it’s done:
Place all of the smoothie ingredients into a blender.
Blend until smooth.
Pour the finished smoothie into a glass and enjoy!
Tips to make the best fruit smoothie
- Freeze your fruit – Chop up your fresh berries, bananas, and pineapple and place them in a container in the freezer. Making a smoothie with frozen fruit will give it the best and smoothest consistency.
- Add ice – No time to freeze your fruit? You can still make an ice-cold and slushy smoothie by blending the fresh fruit with a handful of ice.
- Milk – Use any kind of dairy free (almond, oat) or regular milk you like to make this smoothie recipe.
- Make fruit smoothie popsicles – Turn this into a tropical fruit popsicle by pouring the smoothie mixture into popsicle molds and freezing. They’re a delicious and healthy snack for kids!
More strawberry banana smoothie add ins
Give your fruit smoothie a little more substance and flavor with any of these add ins:
- Chia seeds
- Yogurt (plain, Greek, or dairy free)
- Orange juice
- Lime juice
- Coconut water
- Flax seeds
- Protein powder
Can you make smoothies ahead of time?
The best way to make smoothies ahead of time is to blend it up in a blender, pour into a freezer safe mason jar and then freeze. Place in the refrigerator overnight to naturally thaw so it’s all ready for you the next day.
To save time you can also prepare the ingredients ahead of time by chopping up the fruit and portioning it into sealed jars. Keep the jars in the freezer until it’s time to dump them in a blender with milk and make your smoothie!
More fruit smoothies to sip on
- Banana, Watermelon, Orange Smoothie
- Strawberry Protein Smoothie
- Banana Strawberry Blueberry Smoothie
- Watermelon Strawberry Smoothie
- Chocolate Banana Smoothie
Pin for later:
Strawberry Banana Pineapple SmoothiePrint
- 1/2 cup fresh pineapple cubed
- 3 strawberries stems removed
- 1 banana
- 1/4 cup milk (dairy or plant based)
- handful of ice cubes
- Add all ingredients into your blender. Blend until smooth.
- Pour into a glass and enjoy.