Easy to make Slow Cooker Cabbage Beef Soup ready in 6 hours! This hearty healthy soup includes ground beef, cabbage, beans, diced tomatoes and more!
The Best Slow Cooker Cabbage Soup
You are going to love this hearty cabbage soup, made in the slow cooker! My family, especially my husband, would request a crockpot cabbage recipe every night of the week if he could so this was a big hit! One of his favorites is my Cabbage Soup made on the stovetop, but for this recipe I wanted to make it even easier so I took out our crockpot!
All you need to do is brown the ground beef and then throw all the other ingredients into the slow cooker. Here’s a video I made to show you how simple it is to make!
How long does Cabbage Soup take to cook in the Slow Cooker?
This soup takes 20 minutes to prep, and 6 hours, cooked on low, in the slow cooker.
What Goes in Cabbage Soup?
- Meat. You’ll need 1 pound of ground beef. Since we’re slow cooking it I recommend a ground beef that has less fat, this will prevent the soup from becoming greasy.
- Onion & Garlic
- Cabbage. One medium-sized head of cabbage, core removed and chopped.
- Cans. You’ll need pinto beans, diced tomatoes and tomato sauce.
- Beef Broth
- Salt & Pepper to taste.
How Do You Make Cabbage Soup in a Crock Pot?
Brown ground beef, along with onion and garlic in a large pan. Once the beef is browned, drain it and then place it in your slow cooker.
Add cans of pinto beans and diced tomatoes…
And tomato sauce, beef broth, salt and pepper.
Now give all the ingredients a good stir. Cover and cook for 6 hours.
And after 6 hours you’ll have a delicious Cabbage Beef Soup ready to be enjoyed by your entire family!
Other Slow Cooker Cabbage Recipes
Here’s more recipes that you’ll like!
Slow Cooker Cabbage Roll Casserole
Slow Cooker Kielbasa and Cabbage
Slow Cooker Sausage and Cabbage
Pin for later:
Slow Cooker Cabbage Beef SoupPrint
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 medium-sized head cabbage core removed and chopped
- 2 15 oz cans pinto beans not drained
- 2 15 oz cans diced tomatoes not drained
- 1 15 oz can tomato sauce
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- In a skillet over medium high heat, add ground beef, onion and garlic, and cook until beef is browned. Drain fat and transfer mixture to slow cooker.
- Add cabbage, pinto beans, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, broth, salt and pepper and stir.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 hours.
Check out my Slow Cooker Cabbage Soup Web Story!
Leave a Comment