Easy recipe for SLOW COOKER Broccoli Cheese and Potato Soup! This family favorite soup is cooked on high in the crockpot for 4 hours!
Slow Cooker Potato Soup
The end of November brought cold weather and rainy days. Because of the added layers to stay warm and the drizzle of rain it also brought a laziness to the dinner table. I’ve been stuck in a dinner rut the last few weeks making easy and quick meals. It usually gets to dinner time and we’re both too tired to really think of anything new so it’s something simple.
I am craving comfort food right now. Hearty, creamy and cheesy is what I want. To make a comforting Winter meal that is still simple and quick, I brought out my slow cooker and this Broccoli Cheese and Potato Soup was born.
Slow Cooker Broccoli Cheese and Potato Soup
This soup pretty much is the definition of comfort food. It’s potatoes and onions slow cooked in broth. Then we’re going to add the broccoli. Add in some cheddar cheese, stir it around and we have a extra creamy soup that is the perfect dish to serve on a cold night.
Easy Creamy Potato Soup
And what’s better on a cold and busy weeknight then a meal that’s easy too? This Slow Cooker Potato Soup is cooked in 4 hours in the crockpot. Who doesn’t love broccoli in their cheesy potato soup? In this recipe we’ll add broccoli with 30 minutes left. You can use fresh or frozen broccoli – whichever is easier for you!
Ingredients for Cheesy Broccoli Potato Soup
1 large onion chopped
5 cups potatoes peeled and diced
5 cups chicken or vegetable broth
1 medium sized head of broccoli chopped
3 tablespoons cornstarch
3 tablespoons milk
2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
Enjoy this Slow Cooker Broccoli Potato Cheese Soup, and I hope you stay warm!
Pin for later:
Slow Cooker Broccoli Cheese and Potato SoupPrint
- 1 large onion chopped
- 5 cups potatoes peeled and diced
- 5 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 medium sized head of broccoli chopped
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- Spray a slow cooker with nonstick spray. Add onions, potatoes and broth into slow cooker. Cook on high for 4 hours.
- With 30 minutes remaining add broccoli to slow cooker and stir.
- In a small bowl mix cornstarch and milk together. With 15 minutes remaining add cornstarch mixture to slow cooker.
- When 4 hours is up, add shredded cheese and mix until melted.
- Serve in bowls.