This Creamy Broccoli Cheese Soup recipe is a family favorite! I love serving it as comfort food on a cold night! This soup is made with broccoli, carrots and Velveeta cheese!
Broccoli Cheese Soup
Do you know how much I love this Creamy Cheese Broccoli Soup? I made it for dinner on Friday. Then I made it again on Sunday. And now I’m thinking when should I have it again.
Broccoli Cheese Soup Ingredients:
You will need:
broccoli (frozen or fresh)
This soup has all the good stuff in it. There’s cheese and milk to make it creamy, then there’s broccoli, carrots and corn to make it a vegetable dream. The soup is incredibly creamy and if you serve it with a piece of bread, you have a perfect dinner.
Velveeta Broccoli Cheese Soup
Velveeta cheese in my opinion makes the most creamiest soups, so whenver I can cut up a loaf of Velveeta, I’m in! You will need a 8 ounce block of cheese for this recipe, to cut up and add to the soup!
This soup only takes 20 minutes to make, with a few minutes to prepare, making it a deliciou 30 minute and under dinner recipe!
With every spoonful you get a good serving of vegetables covered in creamy cheese sauce.
I hope you enjoy this Creamy Broccoli Cheese Soup!
Creamy Broccoli Cheese SoupPrint
- 1/2 cup butter
- 4 cups frozen or fresh broccoli florets
- 1 cup carrots - peeled and chopped
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 8 ounces Velveeta cheese - cubed
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried mustard
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 3/4 cup water
- Melt butter. Add in broccoli, carrots, corn and chicken broth.
- Bring to a simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add in cubed cheese, milk and heavy cream
- Stir in garlic powder and dried mustard.
- Mix until cheese is completely melted (5-10 minutes).
- In a separate bowl mix cornstarch and water until cornstarch is dissolved. Then add to soup mixture.
- Mix for about 5 minutes on medium high heat until you reach a thickness you like.
- Serve, Enjoy.