Extra cheesy vegetable soup made with Velveeta cheese!
This soup has it all – tons of vegetables, tons of flavor and lots of creamy cheesiness! When I made this and saw people were going back for seconds (and thirds!) then I knew this soup was a hit. While spooning a cheesy taste into their mouth and muttering “This soup is really good!” then I knew I had to post this recipe!
Vegetable soups are usually thought of more broth based, but I love cheesy vegetables. I was able to use our frozen garden green beans and carrots in this recipe. It’s the best feeling when you can use your Summer veggies on cold Winter days!
For this recipe I’m using frozen green beans, frozen corn and fresh carrots and potatoes, but you can throw whatever frozen vegetables you want into this. Frozen broccoli, cauliflower, California blend, carrots or peas would all taste great! If possible, don’t skip the potatoes! It gives the soup a heartiness that will fill you up.
So when you are looking for a cheesy soup, give this Cheesy Vegetable Soup a try in the kitchen! Hope you enjoy as much as we did!
More Soup Recipes
Try my other soup recipes that are filled with vegetables!
Cheesy Vegetable SoupPrint
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 10 oz bag of frozen green beans
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 3 potatoes - peeled and diced
- 1 large carrot - diced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 cup milk
- 8 oz Velveeta cheese
- pepper to taste
- parsley to sprinkle on top
- Bring your vegetable broth to a boil in a large pot. Add frozen vegetables, potatoes and carrots to the pot and cook on medium heat for 20 minutes.
- In a saucepan melt your butter over medium high heat. Whisk in the flour, constantly stirring. Add in milk and continue to stir. Add in Velveeta and stir for about 5 minutes, or until your sauce thickens.
- Pour cheese sauce into pot of vegetables. Sprinkle with pepper and stir.
- Cook for 5 minutes.
- Serve in bowls and sprinkle with parsley.