CREAMY and HEALTHY Sweet Pepper Soup! This easy dinner recipe combines sweet peppers with chicken broth and rice. This gluten-free recipe is easy to make and can easily be turned vegetarian by using vegetable broth. This is the perfect soup for using up a bunch of peppers! Make sure to serve with some crusty Italian bread!
Sweet Pepper Soup
I was craving fresh soup a few nights ago so I came up with this Sweet Pepper Soup recipe. I was going to make my typical stuffed pepper soup but I wanted something more creamy. This soup tastes fantastic with fresh sweet peppers, and it’s absolutely gorgeous to loook at!
The recipe calls 1.5 pounds of sweet peppers and 1 jalapeno pepper. The jalapeno pepper adds a tiny bit of kick, but not too much heat at all. In fact, even with the jalapeno pepper, this soup is completely family friend for adults and kids.
This soup is delicious, definitely a year round favorite especially in the Fall months when we’re craving a big bowl of soup! It’s the perfect soup to use up a overabundance of peppers if you have them too!
If you have any leftovers (I doubt you will – it’s that good!) you can easily freeze this soup to serve later on. We love this soup so much I will often make 2 batches – one to serve for dinner, and one to freeze.
Pepper Soup Recipe
Even though this soup calls for sweet peppers, if you want to do a mixture of sweet and bell peppers that will taste delicious too! I often do it in the Summer with our garden peppers.
To make this dinner time meal more filling, we add rice to the bowls at the end. I love the combo of peppers and rice (like this stuffed pepper casserole) and I think you will too!
I love adding croutons or crusty Italian bread to the soup! Soup should always be served with crusty bread – yum!
Can I make this vegetarian?
If you’d like to turn this into a vegetarian meal, you can easily do that! All you need to do is subsitute vegetable broth for the chicken broth and it’s a full vegetarian dinner!
I hope you enjoy this easy to make Sweet Pepper Soup recipe!
Did you make and love this recipe? Give it your review below! 👇 And make sure to share your creations by tagging me or using the hashtag #brooklynfarmgirl on Instagram!
Pin for later:
Creamy Sweet Pepper SoupPrint
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1.5 pounds sweet peppers - chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper seeds removed - minced
- 3 tablespoons fresh thyme
- 4 cloves garlic - minced
- 6 cups chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 cups cooked white rice
- Pour olive oil in pot on medium-high heat.
- Add sweet and jalapeno peppers and saute for 10 minutes until they soften up, continue stirring during this time.
- Add garlic and thyme. Stir for 4 more minutes.
- Pour chicken broth and red pepper flakes in. Stir to combine and continue heating for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and in batches add to your blender. Blend until creamy.
- Add soup back to pot when done.
- Add cooked rice and stir to combine.
- Serve and enjoy!