SLOW COOKER Shredded Chicken and White Bean Soup is packed with healthy, hearty vegetables which is going to warm up your dinner table! This recipe is easy to make – throw all the ingredients in your crock pot for 8 hours and it’s ready! Even better – this meal is economical and doesn’t cost much to make! We love this as a Fall and Winter meal!
This Slow Cooker Shredded Chicken and White Bean Soup warms my heart physically and emotionally. It’s everything a comforting Winter time soup should be – easy to make, makes the house smell great, is filling and makes me feel warm.
On the emotional side it makes me happy because it is filled with vegetables from our Summer garden. Besides the carrots and celery we are using our canned stewed tomatoes which I can’t get enough of. We canned so many of these tomatoes I lost track of how many.
Then we add dry white beans which are so easy to grow and store perfectly. Next year I’m going to grow twice the amount of white beans just because of this soup! Plus aren’t white beans just gorgeous? For gardeners, we grow Kenearly Yellow Eye variety beans. I love the dry beans in this recipe because they don’t require a overnight soak (I always forget to do that!).
This recipe post is going to be short since this soup is no nonsense and says enough once you take a bite. Throw all the ingredients in the slow cooker, turn it on low for 8 hours and then enjoy a big bowl (or two!) of Slow Cooker Shredded Chicken and White Bean Soup!
If you have leftovers, it makes a great meal the next day, or you can freeze it. Enjoy this Slow Cooker Shredded Chicken and White Bean Soup friends!
Love this recipe? Try my Homemade Chicken Dumpling Soup too!
Pin for later:
Slow Cooker Shredded Chicken and White Bean Soup
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 large carrots - peeled and chopped
- 4 stalks celery - chopped
- 1 small onion - peeled and chopped
- 1 pound dry white beans you do not have to soak them overnight!
- 1 28 oz can of stewed tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 pound chicken breast - uncooked
- Add olive oil to the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Add all ingredients on top - use a spoon to stir everything around.
- Cook on low for 8 hours. After 8 hours, remove the chicken and shred on cutting board with fork and knife (it should just fall apart). Add chicken back to slow cooker and stir.
- Serve in bowls, sprinkle a little bit of Parmesan cheese on top and serve.