This Jalapeno Peppered Chicken Marsala makes me dream of Fall weather. Big chunky sweaters, slippers on my feet, the smell of arriving cool air. Unfortunately I’m wearing as little as possible, nothing on my feet and the smell is of humidity. Summer is here in full force, but let’s turn on the air conditioner and pretend it’s Fall. Let’s dream…
We had this Jalapeno Peppered Chicken Marsala for dinner and it was a big hit. The Chicken is slathered in a savory gravy and then diced jalapeno peppers and onions are spread on top. This gives it a nice crunch and a very nice taste of freshness. It’s the perfect match to a Summer meets Fall meal.
Jalapeno Peppered Chicken MarsalaPrint
- 1 pound boneless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 oz sliced mushrooms
- 3/4 cup Marsala cooking wine
- 1 small onion diced
- 2 jalapeno peppers diced seeds removed
- Put chicken breasts into plastic bag with flour, salt, pepper and oregano. Shake so chicken breasts are completely covered in this mixture.
- Put olive oil in a skillet over medium high heat. Add chicken breasts and cook until browned and fully cooked inside. Flip the chicken during this process to brown on all sides.
- Add mushrooms to skillet.
- Pour Marsala sauce over chicken.
- Cover skillet and simmer for 10 minutes. Flip the chicken half way to get all sides covered with gravy.
- Put diced onions and jalapeno peppers on top.
- Serve and enjoy!
It's also delicious served over pasta, rice or mashed potatoes.
On the side of this Jalapeno Peppered Chicken Marsala we had Fried Brown Rice with scallions, water chestnuts and garlic. The rice was full of flavor and spices and was the perfect Autumn inspired side dish to go along with the Chicken Marsala. What’s most surprising about the rice is that it was boiled in a bag and ready in 5 minutes. I was pretty shocked by the authentic taste of this rice. Say hello to Tasty Bite.
Enjoy this Jalapeno Peppered Chicken Marsala!