4 hour crockpot chicken and broccoli recipe made with cream of mushroom soup, beef onion soup mix and shredded cheddar cheese! This creamy cheesy chicken recipe tastes so good served over egg noodles or rice! My family LOVES this for dinner (and I love it too because it’s so easy!).
Looking for a crockpot meal with chicken and broccoli?
I was standing in my kitchen in the late morning, trying to figure out a recipe to throw in the slow cooker that used broccoli I had in the refrigerator that was close to retirement.
I wanted a recipe that was easy. You know what I mean, throw everything in the slow cooker, give it a stir, set the timer and come back to a delicious meal that will leave the whole family happy after a tiring weekday.
In just a couple hours, dinner will be ready! Serve this cheesy chicken and broccoli over egg noodles or rice for a complete crockpot meal!
How long does chicken and broccoli take in the slow cooker?
This meal takes 6 hours on LOW or 4 hours on HIGH in the slow cooker.
- Boneless Chicken Breasts – anywhere from 1.5 pounds to 2.5 pounds is perfect.
- Beef Onion Soup Mix – I always have one of these in the cabinet for slow cooker meals.
- Broccoli – chopped in florets, anywhere from 6-8 cups, this is 1-2 heads of broccoli.
- Onion – chopped up
- Cream Soup – you will need 1 can of cream of mushroom and1 can of cream of chicken (looking for swaps? check out below recommendations).
- Shredded cheese – pick your favorite shredded cheddar cheese, I always prefer thick cut shredded as I think it melts better.
Cream of Mushroom/Chicken Soup Swaps
I love this recipe with 1 can of cream of mushroom soup and 1 can cream of chicken soup but you can absolutely use 2 cans of the same soup if you want. Sometimes when I’m all out of cream of chicken, I will use 2 cans of cream of mushroom and it’s still amazing!
Since it has broccoli in the recipe, you could even use a can of cream of broccoli soup and it would work great!
Serve with Rice or Egg Noodles
Our favorite ways to serve this meal is over a bed of either wide egg noodles, or cooked white rice. Both are great as they will soak up the cream sauce! Also, dinner rolls are always a must with this dish!
How to Make Cheesy Chicken and Broccoli in the Crockpot
Add chicken into the slow cooker. I prefer dicing it up, but if you want it shredded, you can leave the chicken whole, and then shred at the very end.
Add beef soup mix on top of the chicken.
Add broccoli and onions.
Now add the cream soups.
Finallly, sprinkle shredded cheddar cheese on top.
Mix it all up so it’s combined well.
Cook on high or low depending on how much time you have and enjoy those smells coming from your kitchen!
Sprinkle a little more shredded cheese on top. Close the lid for a few minutes to allow it to melt all over the chicken and broccoli.
Serve and enjoy!
Storing Leftovers & Freezing
Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
For freezing, freeze in an airtight freezer bag for up to 3 months. Defrost overnight in the refrigerator or defrost in the microwave. The texture of the broccoli will soften over time, but overall it remains a good freezer meal.
Pin for later:
Crockpot Chicken And Broccoli (Cheesy!)Print
- 1.5 pounds skinless boneless chicken breast diced
- 1 package beef onion soup mix
- 6-8 cups broccoli chopped into florets (this is 1-2 broccoli heads)
- 1 small onion chopped
- 10 ounce can cream of mushroom soup
- 10 ounce can cream of chicken soup
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Add chicken into the slow cooker.
- Sprinkle beef soup mix on top of the chicken.
- Add chopped broccoli and onion on top of the chicken.
- Add 2 cans of soup on top of the vegetables.
- Sprinkle 1 ½ cup of cheese on top.
- Stir to fully combine everything.
- Cook on LOW for 6 hours or HIGH for 4 hours.
- Sprinkle the remaining ½ cup of cheese on top. Close the lid and allow to melt for a few minutes. Serve over rice or egg noodles for a complete meal!