Healthy Chicken Recipe: Lemon Pepper Chicken with Roasted Vegetables. It’s easy to make and perfect for a busy weeknight dinner.
Healthy Chicken Recipe
Eating healthy doesn’t have to be boring or bland. This lemon pepper chicken with roasted vegetables is a flavorful and nourishing meal that’s sure to satisfy. Plus, it’s easy to make and perfect for a busy weeknight dinner.
The star of this dish is the lemon pepper chicken, which is marinated in a mixture of olive oil, lemon juice, and seasonings. The acid in the lemon juice helps to tenderize the chicken and give it a tangy flavor.
What kind of roasted vegetables with chicken?
For the roasted vegetables, you can use any mix of your favorite veggies. In this recipe, we’ve used bell peppers, onions, and cherry tomatoes, but you could also add in things like zucchini, eggplant, mushrooms, carrots or broccoli. Roasting the vegetables brings out their natural sweetness and adds depth to their flavors.
Add Mixed Greens
To round out the meal, we’ve paired the chicken and vegetables with a simple mixed greens salad. The greens add a pop of color and a refreshing crunch, and you can dress them up with a homemade vinaigrette or your favorite store-bought dressing.
Use whatever mixed greens you want – lettuce, arugula, kale, spinach, etc.
Overall, this healthy chicken recipe is a delicious and satisfying way to get your protein and all your vegetables in one dish.
How to Make Lemon Pepper Chicken
In a small bowl, mix together olive oil, lemon juice, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder. Place the chicken breasts in a shallow dish and pour the marinade over them, turning to coat both sides. Place in refrigerator and marinate for 30 minutes, up to 24 hours (great to prep overnight!)
Add bell peppers, onions and cherry tomatoes on a baking sheet. Drizzle olive oil on top, along with salt and pepper, and roast until veggies are lightly caramelized.
Tip: If you don’t have cherry tomatoes, you can also cut up 2 large tomatoes.
Add the chicken in a large skillet. Cook them over medium-high heat for 4-6 minutes per side, or until it’s cooked through and reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F. If you want to bake or grill the chicken, I provided directions below.
Placed mixed greens on a serving platter or individual plates. Add chicken on top of the greens and then the roasted vegetables.
Serve with your favorite salad dressing or vinaigrette on top!
Can I bake the chicken in the oven instead?
Sure! If you don’t want to cook on the stove top then you can bake the chicken. Bake the chicken in the oven for 25-30 minutes at 350 degrees F, or until it’s cooked through
You can also grill the chicken if you’d like! Grilling the chicken gives it a nice char and smoky taste.
And that’s it! This healthy chicken recipe is a simple and tasty way to get a balanced meal on the table. The marinated chicken and roasted vegetables are full of flavor, and the mixed greens add a refreshing touch. I hope you give it a try soon!
More Healthy Chicken Recipes
Chinese Chicken and Broccoli
Slow Cooker Italian Chicken Soup
30 Minute Chicken Marsala
50 Healthy Slow Cooker Chicken Recipes
Pin for later:
Lemon Pepper Chicken with Roasted VegetablesPrint
- 2 pounds chicken breasts skinless, boneless
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 bell peppers (green, red or yellow) sliced
- 1 medium onion sliced
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 5 ounce container mixed greens washed
- Salad dressing of your choice
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder. Place the chicken breasts in a shallow dish and pour the marinade over them, turning to coat both sides. Cover the dish and marinate the chicken in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes, or up to 24 hours.
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
- Arrange the sliced bell peppers, onions, and cherry tomatoes on a large non-stick baking sheet. Drizzle with a bit of olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast in the oven for 15-20 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender and slightly caramelized, flipping halfway.
- While the vegetables are roasting, add the chicken breasts in a large skillet. Cook them over medium-high heat for 4-6 minutes per side, or until it’s cooked through and reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F. Alternatively, you can bake the chicken in the oven for 25-30 minutes, or until it’s cooked through.
- Assemble the mixed greens on a serving platter or individual plates. Top with the chicken and roasted vegetables. Serve with your choice of dressing on the side.
Leave a Comment