QUICK, EASY and DELICIOUS Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas Dinner! Made with chicken breast, taco seasoning and bell peppers, these chicken fajitas taste restaurant quality – made in your own kitchen! Serve on warm tortillas with your favorite toppings!
I love sheet pan recipes. I love fajitas. I love this recipe!
These chicken fajitas are so tasty and easy to make. Weeknights are crazy in our house and we run a tight dinner/bedtime schedule, so it’s important that dinner can be made quick when I get home from work.
These fajitas can be prepped in advance that all I need to do is take everything out from the fridge, spread it on a baking sheet and bake – dinner is ready in less than 30 minutes!
I hope you love this sheet pan dinner as much as my family loves it! Looking for more sheet pan recipes? Try my Shrimp Fajitas and Sheet Pan Cauliflower and Chickpeas too!
Do I need to marinate the chicken?
I recommend marinating this chicken for at least 15 minutes with the spices for lots of flavor, but if you’re running low on time, it’s ok to skip marinating it and bake right away.
How to Make Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas
In a large plastic bag or bowl, mix oil, taco seasoning, chicken, peppers and onions together. Seal the bag and shake to fully mix. Marinate 15 minutes to 24 hours in the refrigerator.
Spray a baking sheet with nonstick spray and spread out chicken mixture on the baking sheet.
Bake in the oven, turning chicken and veggies halfway until chicken is fully cooked. This takes about 20 minutes.
Remove from oven and squeeze lime juice all over the chicken mixture.
Serve on tortillas and enjoy! Yum!
How to Serve & Toppings
These fajitas can be served multiple ways!
We prefer traditional fajitas on tortillas with our favorite toppings. You can use sliced avocado (or guacamole), pico de gallo, salsa verde (my fav!), Mexican Corn Salad, sour cream, cilantro, shredded cheese and more.
Because the chicken is so tasty, you can also serve this over rice and beans which makes a delicious chicken and rice meal!
Want to make homemade seasoning instead?
If you don’t have a taco seasoning packet and would like to make your own homemade fajitas seasoning, here’s what you need for this recipe:
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 pinch cayenne (optional, adds a little bit of spice)
How to Make In Advance
To make in advance: Add oil, spices, chicken, bell peppers and onion into a plastic bag (or bowl with lid), mixing to fully coat the chicken. Place in the refrigerator to marinate up to 24 hours.
I like to prep this either the night before, or the morning before I go to work. When I come home, it’s so easy to just throw it in the oven!
To freeze: If you want to freeze this to make later on, you can. Mix oil, spices, chicken, bell peppers and onion in a freezer safe bag and freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator (or defrost in the microwave) and then bake as instructed.
Pin for later:
Sheet Pan Chicken FajitasPrint
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1.25 ounce packet taco seasoning
- 1.5 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast cut into 2 inch thin slices
- 2 green bell peppers sliced
- 1 red bell pepper sliced
- 1 small onion sliced
- 1 lime
- Combine vegetable oil, taco seasoning, chicken, peppers and onions in a large plastic bag. Mix to shake and coat the chicken and vegetables with seasoning.
- Place the bag in the refrigerator and marinate, for at least 15 minutes – up to 24 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Spray a baking sheet with nonstick spray. Pour chicken and pepper mixture out onto the pan, spreading it out, so it’s a single layer.
- Bake in the oven for 18–20 minutes, or until chicken is fully cooked inside.
- Remove from the oven and squeeze the juice of the lime on top.
- Serve on tortillas with your favorite toppings (avocado, salsa, sour cream, shredded cheese, cilantro, etc). Enjoy!
Leave a Comment