Homemade chicken nachos made with chicken breast, salsa and shredded cheese. My kids love this recipe for dinner and I love it because it only takes 20 minutes!
The Best Easy Chicken Nachos Recipe
These are the best chicken nachos because they are cheesy, hearty and so easy to make—the perfect family dinner that everyone loves. Because they are so loaded with chicken and beans, they can absolutely be a full dinner, but they also make for a tasty snack for game day or movie night.
You can customize your nachos by adding your favorite toppings too. I’ll provide lots of options below, add what your family loves! You can even get the kids involved in helping to make them!
How to Make Easy Chicken Nachos
Arrange a layer of tortilla chips on a baking sheet and bake. When done, set aside. Please don’t skip this step, by baking them first without anything on top, we’re prebaking to assure they don’t get soggy.
In a nonstick skillet, heat olive oil and then cook the garlic until browned. Add the shredded chicken, taco seasoning, corn, and salsa and stir.
Warm up refried bean separately and then add spoonfuls to the chips.
Add chicken mixture on top of the chips.
Sprinkle cheese and add tomatoes.
Bake in the oven until the cheese melts.
Remove from oven, serve, and enjoy your loaded chicken nachos!
Easy Chicken Nachos Substitutions
You can swap out the ingredients to what you or your whole family likes. Here are a few swap suggestions:
- Shredded chicken breasts: Use cooked chicken breast, rotisserie chicken, or ground beef, turkey, or chicken instead. Don’t want any meat? Skip it and add more beans!
- Refried beans: You can add black beans instead.
- Cheese: You can also use other types of cheese: Mexican cheese blend, Colby jack, Monterey jack cheese, pepper jack, or sharp cheddar cheese.
- Optional toppings: Olives, green onions, lettuce, avocado, pico de gallo or sour cream on top — just do YOU!
- Spicy: If you like spicy chicken nachos, add pickled jalapenos or hot sauce.
- Salsa: Add more salsa on top, like fresh tomato salsa or black bean corn salsa.
More Easy Dinner Recipes:
Pin for later:
Easy Chicken NachosPrint
- 9 ounce bag tortilla chips
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 pound cooked chicken breast shredded
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 16 ounce jar salsa
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 15 ounce can refried beans
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 large tomato chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare a large baking sheet by covering with foil and spraying with nonstick spray. Arrange tortilla chips on baking sheet and bake for 5 minutes. Remove from the oven and set aside. By baking the chips first, we are preventing them from becoming soggy – dont skip this step!
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil on medium heat. Add garlic and cook until browned, about 30 seconds. Add in shredded chicken, corn, salsa and taco seasoning. Stir to fully mix all the ingredients together.
- Add refried beans into a bowl and heat up in the microwave. Add spoonfuls of beans all over the tortilla chips.
- Add chicken mixture on top of the refried beans, spreading around to cover the chips. Sprinkle cheese on top, and then add the chopped tomatoes.
- Bake in the oven until the cheese melts, about 8-10 minutes. Remove from the oven and enjoy!