Healthy version of Mexican Corn Salad that doesn’t need sour cream or mayo. Takes 5 minutes to make. Serve as a salad, salsa or corn dip!
Healthy Mexican Corn Salad Recipe
I have to admit something to you, I have a little (ok, big) fear of sour cream and mayo. Just the thought of them makes me grimace a little bit. So you can imagine my disappointment whenever someone makes a beautiful looking corn salad but it has sour cream in it – um, I’m sorry but I’ll have to pass on it.
This Mexican Corn Salad is a much healthier version because it doesn’t use sour cream or mayo -it has vegetables, lime juice, olive oil and cumin. That’s it! It reminds me of a bean salsa or a corn dip, but filled with veggies!
I really hope you this corn salad! 🙂
How to Serve Corn Salad
You can serve corn salad in a few different ways. You can serve it as a side dish to any meal, use as a corn dip with tortilla chips, add to nachos or use as a salsa topping for tacos (my fav taco recipes are at the bottom of this post!).
What Is Mexican Corn Salad Made Of?
For this recipe, you’ll need the following ingredients:
- Corn – Note: You can use canned corn to make this really easy, or if it’s corn season, slice off the kernels of 4 ears of corn. The corn will taste so sweet and delicious!
- Black Beans
- Ro*Tel diced tomatoes – Note: You can use any type of Ro*Tel diced tomatoes you want, you can even use regular diced tomatoes if you don’t have Ro*Tel.
- Green bell pepper
- Lime juice
- Olive oil
- Ground Cumin
Tip: If you want a spicy corn salad add 1/2 to 1 whole (depending on how spicy you want it) finely chopped up jalapeño pepper to the salad.
How to Make Corn Salad
Add all of the ingredients into a large bowl or serving dish.
Mix to fully coat all the ingredients.
Serve and enjoy this corn salad!
Can I make Corn Salad in advance?
Yes, you can! After making it, wrap in plastic wrap or cover with a lid and place in the refrigerator.
When you’re ready to serve it, remove from refrigerator and let sit at room temperature for 15 minutes so it’s not super cold. I recommend adding a little bit (around a teaspoon) of olive oil to it and mixing to freshen it up before serving.
Add Salsa to These Tacos:
Here’s some of my favorite taco recipes that you can add this corn salad on top of if you’d like!
Instant Pot Cherry Tomato Chicken Tacos
Baked Black Bean Tacos
Slow Cooker Black Beans (for tacos)
Slow Cooker Steak Tacos
Pin for later:
Mexican Corn SaladPrint
- (2) 15 ounce cans corn drained (or 4 ears fresh corn – kernels sliced from cob)
- (1) 15 ounce can black beans rinsed and drained
- (1) 15 ounce can hominy rinsed and drained
- (1) 10 ounce can Ro*Tel Diced Tomatoes
- 1 small green bell pepper finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons cilantro finely chopped
- Place all the of the ingredients into a bowl and mix so everything is coated.
- Serve immediately as a corn salad, corn dip with tortilla chips, or salsa topping for tacos. If you are making this in advance, refrigerate it until ready to serve.
Leave a Comment