Chopped Mexican Chicken Salad is a quick and healthy recipe that uses fresh ingredients. You can serve it as a main or side dish.
Mexican Chicken Salad
As some of you know I’m not a huge salad eater and that is pretty much a sin coming from a gardener. To get to me eat more salads, I have found that if I make it more Mexican inspired it becomes a instant hit. I gave this salad a Mexican taste with ingredients and spices and I loved it so much we had it for dinner twice in 1 week!
Chicken Salad Ingredients:
You will need:
skinless, boneless chicken breasts
Fresh lettuce from the garden, can’t beat the taste!
This chicken was some of the yummiest chicken I ever tasted.
Minutes later throw all your vegetables and herbs in a bowl..
Sprinkle your olive oil dressing on top..
Mix up and you have one beautiful and fresh salad!
Serve and sprinkle some Queso Fresco on top.
Mexican Chicken SaladPrint
- 2 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 1 Ear of Corn
- 1 Head Romaine Lettuce
- 2 Ounces Arugula
- 2 Ounces Queso Fresco
- 4 Ounces Cherry Tomatoes
- 2 Scallions
- 1 Bunch Cilantro
- 1 Lime
- 4 Radishes
- Pat the chicken dry with paper towels. Season it all over with salt and pepper.In a large pan, heat some olive oil on medium until hot. Add the chicken and cook 6 to 8 minutes per side, or until golden brown and cooked through.
- While the chicken cooks and cools, wash and dry the fresh produce. Cut the radishes into wedges. Cut the cherry tomatoes into quarters. Thinly slice the scallions. Roughly chop the cilantro. Peel off the husks and remove the silks from the corn. Using a knife in a sawing motion, cut the kernels off the cob. Chop the romaine lettuce into small, bite-sized pieces.
- In a small bowl, combine the juice of the whole lime and about 2 tablespoons of olive oil.Whisk until blended and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Chop the cooled chicken into bite-sized pieces. Add the chopped chicken to a large bowl along with the radishes, cherry tomatoes, cilantro, corn, romaine lettuce, and arugula. Add some of the dressing (you may not need all of it) and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Divide the salad between 2 bowls. Crumble half the queso fresco over the top of each. Garnish with the scallions. Enjoy!