Quick 30 minute Chicken, Asparagus and Mushroom Skillet recipe, all made in one pan. Chicken and asparagus are cooked in a tasty butter sauce. Serve over rice for a healthy dinner meal.
Chicken, Asparagus and Mushrooms
If you’re looking for an asparagus recipe – then you need to try this Chicken and Asparagus skillet recipe! Chicken, asparagus and mushrooms are cooked in a buttery white wine sauce until asparagus is tender.
From start to finish, the meal is ready in 25 minutes, all made in one skillet – don’t you love that? We serve it over brown rice for a complete meal. I hope you try it soon!
Keto Chicken Recipe
This is a great chicken recipe to make if you’re following a keto diet! Chicken breast and fresh vegetables are great foods for a keto friendly lifestyle. They contain low carbs and are high in vitamins.
Asparagus has a low-carb count, about 2 grams net carbs in a serving. It’s a great vegetable to add to your weekly dinner menu rotation! Mushrooms are also a keto friend! They are low in carbs, sugars and packed with fiber and vitamins!
How to Make This One Pan Meal
You’ll love this recipe even more because it’s a one pan meal – no additional dirty dishes to clean!
Make the butter sauce in the skillet by melting butter and olive oil together, along with minced garlic, lemon juice, white cooking wine and seasonings.
Brown chicken in the skillet, cooking until the chicken is fully cooked inside.
Add asparagus and mushrooms, continuing to cook until asparagus turns bright green – about 5 minutes.
Serve and enjoy!
How to Serve
We like this meal served over rice or barley. You can also serve it next to mashed potatoes for an easy chicken, mashed potatoes and vegetable meal!
How to Store
Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Eat within 2-3 days. Heat leftovers in the microwave or reheat in a skillet, adding a tablespoon of olive oil to freshen it up.
Pin for later:
Chicken and Asparagus SkilletPrint
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons white cooking wine
- ½ teaspoon dried parsley
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon dried basil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 pound skinless boneless chicken breast – cut into bite size pieces
- ½ pound fresh asparagus cut into thirds
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- Parmesan cheese topping
- In a large skillet over medium high heat, melt butter and olive oil together. Add minced garlic, lemon juice, white cooking wine, parsley, oregano, basil and salt and stir into the butter mixture.
- Add chicken into the skillet and cook until the chicken is no longer pink inside and now browned on the outside, about 8-10 minutes. Stir the chicken often to prevent sticking.
- Add asparagus and mushrooms into the skillet, cooking until the asparagus turns bright green and softened, about 5 minutes.
- Serve on plates with a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese on top. We love serving this alongside rice or barley. Enjoy!