This cheesy cauliflower casserole is the ultimate comfort food! It is made with 1 whole head of chopped cauliflower florets, shredded cheddar cheese, and frozen corn, for convenience. Bake until brown edged and bubbling! It’s an extra easy vegetable dish or veggie-loaded dinner, and ready in just 50 minutes.
Cheesy Cauliflower Casserole
Is there a better combo than cauliflower and cheese? Ok, broccoli and cheese is pretty good too, but this casserole is all about cauliflower!
My family loves this Cauliflower Casserole. My 3 girls give it 6 thumbs up. You can serve this as a side dish, but we often have this for dinner as a main course, along with a French baguette or dinner rolls and nothing else because it’s so filling.
This loaded cauliflower bake is made with simple ingredients that you probably already have in your kitchen and only takes 30 minutes to bake! Because it’s so easy, it’s a good option for crazy weeknights!
Looking for more veggie loaded casserole dinners? Try my Zucchini and potato casserole, Savory Carrot Casserole with Cheddar Cheese, Broccoli casserole with mashed potatoes and Unstuffed Bell Pepper Casserole with Ground Beef.
Cauliflower Cheese Bake Ingredients
Here’s the ingredients you’ll need for this Cauliflower Cheese Bake. Nothing fancy, just simple ingredients!
- large head of cauliflower
- frozen corn (you can totally use fresh or canned if you’d like!)
- all purpose flour
- shredded cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper
What cheese for a cheesy casserole?
A good cheese makes all the difference! You can use regular bagged shredded cheddar cheese (I always prefer the thick cut shredded), but if you want to make it really special, look for a quality aged cheddar cheese – either shredded already or in a block that you can grate.
Look at this gorgeous cheddar cheese! YUM!
How to Make Cheddar Cheese Cauliflower Casserole
Bring water to a boil in a large pot. Add cauliflower and frozen corn. Drain and place cauliflower and corn into a baking dish.
In a saucepan, melt butter and then add flour, stirring until smooth. Add milk and some of the cheese, and continue mixing until you have a cheese sauce.
Pour cheese sauce on top of the vegetables and mix so it fully coats the cauliflower. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
Add remaining cheddar cheese on top.
Bake until bubbly and then broil for a couple of minutes to brown the top. Serve and enjoy this Cheddar Cheese Cauliflower Casserole!
You can store any leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. To reheat, microwave for 30 seconds to 1 minute, until fully heated up.
Pin for later:
Cauliflower Casserole with Cheddar Cheese & CornPrint
- 1 large head cauliflower chopped into florets
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add cauliflower and boil for 5 minutes, allowing the cauliflower to soften. With 1 minute remaining, add the frozen corn. Drain the vegetables and place in a 11×8 baking dish.
- In a medium-sized saucepan add butter over medium high heat. Add flour, stirring until completely smooth. Add milk and 1/2 cup of cheese and continue stirring until cheese is melted and sauce thickens up.
- Pour cheese sauce over vegetables, mixing so the cheese covers everything. Sprinkle salt and pepper on top to taste. Sprinkle 1 cup remaining cheddar cheese on top.
- Place in oven and bake for 30 minutes. Optional: After 30 minutes, turn oven to broil and bake (while watching it carefully) for 2-3 minutes, or until cheese is lightly browned. Serve and enjoy!