Easy Cheesy Cauliflower Casserole is delicious and only takes 10 minutes to prepare! This loaded casserole recipe is made with Cheddar and Parmesan to make it extra cheesy! My family declares it one of their favorite side dishes on the holiday table! Low carb friendly.
Ok, we have the 3 C’s here. Let’s talk about them.
Cheesy – who doesn’t love cheesy dishes (hello Cheesy Green Beans)? Mozzarella, Cheddar and Parmesan are my favorites for recipes. And this recipe includes 2 cheeses!
Cauliflower – beautiful cauliflower, fresh from the garden, I love you. You can’t go wrong with cauliflower, you just can’t!
Casserole – I love casseroles. You put them inside the oven and magic happens. That’s the only way I can describe it.
We love this casserole, especially when we can pick the cauliflower straight from the garden. We love this dish as a meatless Monday meal with crusty bread on the side. But you can also serve the casserole as a side dish, it’s perfect to pair with a meat at the holiday table.
How to Make Cauliflower Casserole:
You’ll want to preheat your oven to 375 degrees. While it’s preheating steam your cauliflower for 3 minutes, and then drain it.
Add the cauliflower to a casserole baking dish. In a medium bowl stir together Cheddar Cheese, Parmesan Cheese, heavy cream, dried sage, minced garlic, salt and pepper. Pour this mixture over cauliflower and toss to coat evenly.
Sprinkle remaining 2 tablespoons of Parmesan cheese and bread crumbs on top. Bake for 30 minutes, or until the top is slightly browned.
How to Make Cheesy Cauliflower Healthy
Ok, so this recipe includes 2 types of cheese and heavy cream, so maybe it’s not the most healthy side dish. But we’re using 1 head of cauliflower so I’m going to call it healthy! If you wanted to add more vegetables to this casserole you could even add a can of corn, or some sliced fresh carrots. If you’re adding carrots, make sure to steam them with the cauliflower to soften them up.
Why The Entire Family is Going to Love This Dish
What’s not to love about this casserole filled with cauliflower and melting Chedddar and Parmesan cheese? This will surely be the first side dish to be gobbled up on the Thanksgiving table!
- This casserole feeds 8, but you can easily double it for a large crowd.
- This is a perfect side dish for your holiday turkey, chicken or pork chops!
- It’s vegetarian friendly for a veggie crowd, but delicious enough for meat eaters to love too!
Recipe Changes for Different Diets
- This is a keto and low carb friendly casserole to make for people following those diets.
- It’s vegetarian. I wouldn’t recommend you turn it vegan as it’s really a creamy comfort food and should be made with real cheese. If you’re looking for a vegan side dish try my Dairy Free Mashed Potatoes.
More Side Dish Recipes
I hope you enjoy this delicious Cheesy Cauliflower Casserole!
Pin for later:
Cheesy Cauliflower CasserolePrint
- 1 large head of cauliflower cut into florets
- 8 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons bread crumbs
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon dried sage
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Steam your cauliflower for 3 minutes, drain.
- Add cauliflower into a 2 quart casserole baking dish.
- In a bowl stir together your Cheddar cheese, 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, heavy cream, dried sage, minced garlic, salt and pepper.
- Pour everything in your bowl over cauliflower and toss to coat evenly.
- Sprinkle remaining 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese and bread crumbs on top.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until top is slightly browned.