You’ll love this baked extra cheesy Pepperoni Pizza Cauliflower Casserole recipe.
Who doesn’t like pizza? I love it.
Who doesn’t like cauliflower? I love it.
Cauliflower pizza casserole is born!
When I first found a great cauliflower pizza casserole recipe it called for pureed cauliflower, but pureeing cauliflower that we grew seemed like a absolute sin to me. I can’t give so much energy and love to our garden cauliflower and then just blend it up, that would be the saddest thing ever. If we were ever to sell produce commercially I would put on every single package a (cute) warning sign that says “YOU MAY NOT PUREE ME, IT WILL MAKE PAMELA VERY SAD, PLEASE LOVE CAULIFLOWER WHOLE. THANK YOU VERY MUCH”. So in my recipe, we cut it into small bite size pieces. I prefer it this way as well as the cheese will get in all the nooks and crannies of the cauliflower. And who doesn’t’ like cheese? Especially with cauliflower. This is a absolute win situation.
Here’s your cauliflower. Mine happens to talk.
Here’s your cream, butter and garlic mixture. Pizza always needs a little garlic.
And here’s your pepperoni. I quartered each slice. Do this with scissors, a knife or just tear it apart with your hands.
This is step 1 of the casserole, your cauliflower/butter mixture/pepperoni are all mixed up.
Step 2: Add your pizza sauce.
Step 3: Add your cheese! Be brave, cover this sucker.
Step 4: Pepperoni time. Feel free to eat a few slices too, I won’t tell anyone.
Then into the oven it goes…
And out of the oven it comes! Mamma-Mia!
The cheese is melted, a little bubbly, a little brown. I have pure joy right now.
Then take a few whole basil leave and put it on top. I love pizza with fresh basil.
Cauliflower Pepperoni Pizza Casserole, it’s like having your own garden pizzeria! Major winner here – enjoy!
Cauliflower Pepperoni Pizza Casserole
- 1 large cauliflower head - cut up into small bite size pieces
- 4 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon butter - melted
- 2 cloves garlic - minced
- 15 slices of pepperoni - quartered
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3/4 cup pizza sauce
- 12 slices pepperoni
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- fresh basil to garnish
- Chop your clean cauliflower into small bite size pieces. Steam for 2 minutes, drain. Put into casserole dish.
- In a bowl mix your butter, heavy cream and garlic.
- Pour butter mixture over cauliflower.
- Add quartered pepperoni slices, 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella on top of your cauliflower.
- Mix everything up so cauliflower is coated.
- Spread your pizza sauce evenly on top of your cauliflower.
- Pour your 1 cup shredded mozzarella evenly on top.
- Put your sliced pepperoni on top.
- Cook at 375 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Garnish with basil when it comes out of the oven.
Brooklyn Farm Girl https://brooklynfarmgirl.com/