CHEESY Sugar Snap Pea and Cauliflower Casserole! This loaded recipe is simple to make with fresh vegetables and cream of mushroom soup. I love serving this easy to make casserole as a chicken side dish or a vegetarian main dish. During the Summer I always use fresh cauliflower and sugar snap peas straight from the garden!
When the garden gives you 7 pounds of cauliflower and 8 pounds of sugar snap peas in one week, you make Sugar Snap Pea and Cauliflower Casserole! And you add shredded cheddar cheese, because you should always add cheese on top!
This is usually how it goes during garden season. July brought us a big harvest of cauliflower and sugar snap peas, where we picked 8 pounds of peas last week and I’ll probably be picking 10 more pounds this week. Sugar snap peas are best fresh so I’m always excited to create recipes that use multiple cups of them (this recipe uses 5 cups of peas!).
Besides the peas, we’re adding 4 cups of cauliflower florets to this recipe, making this a casserole that has 9 cups of vegetables in it! Talk about a happy harvest casserole! The other ingredients in this casserole are basic and you probably have them in your pantry. I like casseroles that are easy to make and taste creamy, cheesy and fresh, and this fits the bill for all of those.
After baking the casserole, let is sit for a few minutes so the liquid (milk and cream of mushroom soup) thickens up and then serve. You can serve this as a side dish (it would be perfect for a holiday casserole) or you can serve it as a main dish with some bread on the side. Usually we have this as our main meal and I’ll butter some potato rolls on the side.
I hope you give this Sugar Snap Pea and Cauliflower Casserole a shot and make it soon! Enjoy!
Looking for other sugar snap pea recipes? Try Roasted Sugar Snap Peas!
Looking for more cauliflower recipes? Click here.
Pin for later:
Sugar Snap Pea and Cauliflower CasserolePrint
- 5 cups sugar snap peas - strings removed and chopped
- 4 cups cauliflower - chopped into small florets
- 1 10.5 oz can of cream of mushroom soup
- 3/4 cup milk
- dash of pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add sugar snap peas and cauliflower to large pot of boiling water. Boil for 5 minutes to soften. Drain and rinse with cold water. Set aside.
- Mix soup, milk and pepper in baking dish. Stir in peas and cauliflower.
- Sprinkle shredded cheese on top of dish.
- Bake for 35 minutes.
- Let cool for 5 minutes before serving.
Leave a Comment