This is a ooey gooey delicious grilled cheese sandwich recipe with cauliflower and jalapeno peppers!
Cauliflower Grilled Cheese Sandwich
Today we’re going to make one heck of a grilled cheese sandwich by throwing cauliflower, jalapeno peppers and shredded cheddar cheese on top.
We’re gearing up for pepper season in the garden. The pepper plants are exploding with a variation of new baby peppers and jalapenos that are already a few inches big. This is the first year we’re growing jalapenos but it won’t be the last. I am obsessed. I could just rip those babies off the plants, brush out the seeds and eat them raw. I love the taste of a fresh jalapeno. This recipe mixes new and old as I also used up our last fresh cauliflower head. It’s like Spring harvest meets Summer harvest meets grilled cheese in a loving match in cheesy heaven.
I suggest making this sandwich with good quality pieces of bread. I used some nice slices of Sourdough bread and it really takes a sandwich to the next level. If you loved my Grilled Broccoli Cheese Sandwich, then you’ll double love this sandwich!
Cauliflower Grilled Cheese SandwichPrint
- 1 small head of cauliflower chopped into florets
- 2 jalapeno peppers cut in half and seeded
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- pinch of pepper
- butter to spread on bread
- 4 slices of bread
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix cauliflower, jalapeno peppers, olive oil, salt and pepper on cookie sheet until combined. Roast for 8 minutes, careful not to burn it. Remove from oven.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat.
- Spread butter on one side of each bread. The buttered sides will be the outside of the sandwich.
- On the nonbuttered side of bread layer cheese, cauliflower, jalapeno peppers and more cheese. Top each with the other piece of bread, making it a sandwich.
- Add to skillet and grill until the cheese is melted and bread is toasted, turning sandwiches over once while grilling.