HEALTHY, Kale Cheese Sandwich that is only 250 calories! This delicious sandwich recipe is perfect for lunch or a vegetarian dinner!
With so much kale growing in the garden right now, we’ve been picking pounds worth every weekend to bring back to the city and wonder the frequently asked Summer question “What are we going to make with it?”. Kale pesto is a favorite, as is Potatoes and Kale, but I wanted to start to bring the kale into my lunch so I quickly created this Melted Kale Arugula Cheese Sandwich. I say quickly because it took me less than 15 minutes to make the sandwich, photograph it and eat it. Since you’ll only have to worry about Step 1 and Step 3, this sandwich will take you 5 minutes.
Kale Cheese SandwichPrint
- 2 slices of bread
- 2 handfuls of kale - washed and dry
- 1 handful of arugula - washed and dry
- olive oil
- lime juice
- salt + pepper
- tomato - 4 slices
- 1 slice of Provolone cheese
- Add kale and arugula in a small bowl.
- Add a drizzle of olive oil, a few drops of lime juice and a sprinkle of salt + pepper.
- Massage the greens gently for a few seconds to coat in the olive.
- Put your bread on a baking sheet.
- Add your greens evenly on each piece of bread.
- Add your tomatoes on top.
- Rip your slice of cheese in half and put a half on top of each sandwich.
- Bake in toaster oven at 350 degrees for 5 minutes.
- Take out of the oven, sprinkle additional salt + pepper on top and serve.