This is a sponsored recipe post written by me on behalf of Bob’s Red Mill.
Delicious Stuffed Green Peppers recipe that is smothered in cheese and stuffed with Quinoa and Kale inside. Enjoy this comforting healthy meal for dinner soon!
I’m a stuffed peppers fanatic. I love them. It all started in the kitchen as a kid when my Mom made a mean dish filled with green peppers. I still love green peppers but I love making them a little more garden friendly so for this recipe I added quinoa and kale inside instead of the usual ground beef. Trust me, you are going to love these. They are everything a stuffed green pepper should be, including being smothered in tomato sauce and mozzarella cheese on top!
To make the recipe easy to follow, check out the video I made. Are you hungry yet for these Quinoa Kale Stuffed Peppers?
Quinoa and me are recent best friends so I’m glad to give it time to shine in this dish. For this recipe I used Bob’s Red Mill Organic Whole Grain Quinoa. I love that this cooks in only 15 minutes and is pre-washed so no additional rinsing is needed. Quinoa is a whole grain superfood that is perfect for plant-based recipes.
Quinoa Kale Stuffed Peppers
- 4 large green peppers - seeds removed and tops cut off
- 2 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 cup dry quinoa
- 3 cups kale
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place 4 peppers in casserole dish, standing them upright.
- Bring 2 cups of broth to a boil in a pot with a tight-fitting lid. Add 1 cup quinoa and return to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to medium and simmer until liquid is absorbed, about 12 minutes. Remove from heat, fluff, cover, and let stand for about 15 minutes.
- Add cooked quinoa into large bowl. Add kale and 1 cup of tomato sauce to quinoa and mix.
- Fill each pepper with quinoa mixture. Pour remaining 1 cup tomato sauce evenly over the peppers.
- Cover peppers in casserole dish with aluminum foil. Bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove aluminum foil, sprinkle mozzarella cheese on top of peppers and bake for 10 more minutes.
For more information on where to buy Bob’s Red Mill quinoa, check out the store finder. Make sure to check out the coupons section too!
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Bob’s Red Mill.