I have a few rules for lunch.
-It has to be yummy.
-It has to be easy.
-It can’t use the oven.
Every single day when I eat lunch I sit in front of my computer, usually catching up on email or going through my blog reader to see what all my great recipe/garden friends are up to. You know lunch is exceptional when you plan to do this, but the only thing you can do is turn your monitor on before you devour your entire lunch without touching the keyboard or mouse once. This lunch time experience was just me and the stuffed pepper and it was a good one.
These stuffed peppers are:
-Quick and easy. The thing that takes the most time is making the quinoa.
-It doesn’t use the oven. It uses the stove top and the microwave.
-Fresh! Garden pepper and spinach, yum!
If you have any quinoa that can’t fit in your pepper, I just put it on the side. Also, I always put extra tomato sauce on top. I love tomato sauce. When it’s time to start picking tomatoes from the garden this will all be fresh. I can’t wait!
Lunch Time Quinoa Stuffed PeppersPrint
- 1 green pepper - seeds removed and top cut off but keep the top!
- 1/4 cup dry quinoa
- 4 spinach leaves - chopped
- 1 clove garlic - minced
- 2 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- tomato sauce - amount depends on your preference
- Cook your quinoa as instructed on box.
- Cook green pepper in boiling water for 2 minutes. Drain, set aside.
- When quinoa is done, add spinach and garlic and mix around.
- Fill pepper with quinoa mixture. Add a spoonful of sauce on top, then cover with your mozzarella cheese.
- Microwave for 20-30 seconds until your cheese is melted.
- Add another spoonful of tomato sauce on top.
- Put your green pepper top on.
This recipe is for one 1 pepper, if you want 2 peppers, duplicate it and so on.