You’ll love this baked extra cheesy Pepperoni Pizza Cauliflower Casserole recipe.
Who doesn’t like pizza? I love it.
Who doesn’t like cauliflower? I love it.
Cauliflower pizza casserole is born!
When I first found a great cauliflower pizza casserole recipe it called for pureed cauliflower, but pureeing cauliflower that we grew seemed like a absolute sin to me. I can’t give so much energy and love to our garden cauliflower and then just blend it up, that would be the saddest thing ever. If we were ever to sell produce commercially I would put on every single package a (cute) warning sign that says “YOU MAY NOT PUREE ME, IT WILL MAKE PAMELA VERY SAD, PLEASE LOVE CAULIFLOWER WHOLE. THANK YOU VERY MUCH”. So in my recipe, we cut it into small bite size pieces. I prefer it this way as well as the cheese will get in all the nooks and crannies of the cauliflower. And who doesn’t’ like cheese? Especially with cauliflower. This is a absolute win situation.
Here’s your cauliflower. Mine happens to talk.
Then into the oven it goes…
Cauliflower Pepperoni Pizza Casserole
- 1 large cauliflower head - cut up into small bite size pieces
- 4 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon butter - melted
- 2 cloves garlic - minced
- 15 slices of pepperoni - quartered
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
For on top of the casserole
- 3/4 cup pizza sauce
- 12 slices pepperoni
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- fresh basil to garnish
- Chop your clean cauliflower into small bite size pieces. Steam for 2 minutes, drain. Put into casserole dish.
- In a bowl mix your butter, heavy cream and garlic.
- Pour butter mixture over cauliflower.
- Add quartered pepperoni slices, 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella on top of your cauliflower.
- Mix everything up so cauliflower is coated.
- Spread your pizza sauce evenly on top of your cauliflower.
- Pour your 1 cup shredded mozzarella evenly on top.
- Put your sliced pepperoni on top.
- Cook at 375 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Garnish with basil when it comes out of the oven.