Mini Pizzas made with Pillsbury refrigerator biscuits in under 15 minutes. Add tomato sauce, shredded mozzarella cheese and your favorite toppings! My kids love helping me make these!
Mini pizzas recipe
We use Pillsbury Grands biscuits from the refrigerator aisle to make these individual pizzas. The biscuit dough is soft, buttery, and makes the perfect golden brown pizza crust. You can top your pizzas with homemade pizza sauce or your favorite storebought brand, as much or as little cheese as you like, and with literally any topping.
These mini pizzas are a favorite with the kids (and adults!) and are so much fun to customize. Speaking of kids, this recipe makes a great meal to pack for school lunches. You can even make a bunch of pizzas ahead of time and freeze them so you always have a few on hand to bake for a quick after school snack.
How to make mini pizzas with biscuits
It’s a pizza party! Set out the crusts, sauce, cheese, and various toppings for your family, friends, or guests and let everyone go wild creating their delicious pizza concoctions. The recipe comes together in just a few simple steps:
While the oven is preheating, roll the biscuit dough out into flat 4-inch rounds. You can do this with your hands or a rolling pin. Transfer the mini biscuit crusts to a greased baking sheet.
Top the biscuit crusts with your favorite pizza sauce, a heavy handful or two of cheese, and lots of pepperoni. Feel free to add even more toppings, like green peppers and mushrooms, to make the recipe your own.
Place the baking sheet in the preheated oven and bake until the crusts are firm and golden brown. Talk about the perfect dinner for hectic weeknights!
Pizza topping ideas
The sky is the limit when it comes to pizza toppings. Keep things simple with cheese and pepperoni or try any of these ideas:
- Veggie: Load your vegetarian mini pizzas with any veggies you love, such as green peppers, onions, mushrooms, spinach, broccoli, artichoke, banana peppers, or olives.
- Hawaiian: Top with diced ham, pineapple, and onions.
- Meaty: Italian sausage, bacon, ham, cooked ground beef, grilled chicken, and meatballs are all great on pizza
- Switch up the sauce: Swap your everyday pizza sauce with cherry tomato sauce, spicy tomato sauce, pesto, or make a white pizza with EVOO, cheese, and lots of garlic.
Frequently asked questions
What is the best dough for mini pizzas?
Pillsbury Grand biscuits are our go-to. You can also use a sheet of storebought crescent roll dough or pizza dough. If you have the extra time, this homemade pizza dough is amazing!
Can’t find biscuits? Try english muffins too!
How long do homemade biscuit pizzas last?
Pizza is best served fresh from the oven when the crust is golden and the cheese is hot and melted. If you happen to have leftovers, wrap them in plastic wrap or store them in an airtight container in the fridge for 2 to 3 days. For the best taste and texture, reheat leftovers in the oven or toaster oven.
Can I freeze homemade mini pizzas?
Absolutely! These are perfect to bake ahead of time, then freeze and reheat later. To freeze, let the baked pizzas cool to room temperature completely. Double wrap each pizza in plastic wrap and freeze for up to 2 months. To reheat, place in a 375ºF to 425ºF oven and reheat until the cheese melts and the crust is crisp.
We have made a bunch of these in the past to freeze for our daughters preschool lunches!
Can you cook mini pizzas in the microwave?
No. The pizza dough is raw and needs to be baked in a hot oven.
Some other recipes you’ll like:
- Homemade Sloppy Joes
- Leftover Spaghetti Casserole
- Easy Chicken Pot Pie
- Creamy Chicken and Noodles
- Chicken and Dumpling Soup
Pin for later:
- 16 oz can Pillsbury Grands refrigerated biscuits
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 24 pepperoni slices
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Spray a baking sheet with nonstick spray.
- Put each biscuit down on the baking sheet and press down on it with your hand or rolling pin until it becomes around 4 inches round.
- Spread pizza sauce on top of each biscuit, followed by shredded cheese.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until bottoms are golden brown. Serve and enjoy!