This Kale POTATO BREAD Stuffing is a comfort food recipe that goes perfect with a chicken, pork chop or steak dinner. It’s simple to make because it’s made with instant potatoes! This Potato Bread Stuffing is always requested at Thanksgiving! You’ll love how the top is slightly crispy too!
I love stuffing. I’ve shared my Amish Potato Stuffing and Cheesy Broccoli Stuffing Casserole before but wanted to share with you my current favorite side dish, Kale Potato Bread Stuffing! This recipe uses my Amish Potato Stuffing as a base but I threw in kale to add some greens. Since the dish has a whopping 4 cups of kale in it, you don’t even need to make a extra vegetable to serve at dinner.
This is the perfect side dish to a chicken, pork chop or steak dinner. It’s also a great dish to serve for large potluck parties (think of the upcoming Big Game!) as a small serving of it goes a long way in hunger and taste.
The stuffing is easy to make as we’re using instant potatoes instead of having to wait to boil and mash potatoes. I used 2 bags of Idaho Spuds Roasted Garlic flavor potatoes because I love that extra garlic taste, but you can use any type of Idaho Spuds flavor you’d like.
And in case you never tried it before, potatoes and kale make the best partners! Maybe you remember this simple dish I posted? Yup, as you can see I’m still a big fan of potatoes and kale! Thankfully even though it’s a brutal Winter we still have kale growing in the greenhouse!
Next time you need a comforting side dish, or want to try a new stuffing for Thanksgiving try this Kale Potato Bread Stuffing recipe!
Pin for later:
Kale Potato Bread Stuffing
This Kale POTATO BREAD Stuffing is a comfort food recipe that goes perfect with a chicken, pork chop or steak dinner. It's simple to make because it's made with instant potatoes! This Potato Bread Stuffing is always requested at Thanksgiving! You'll love how the top is slightly crispy too!
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 small onion chopped
- 4 cups loose kale chopped
- 4 cups mashed potatoes cooked - I used 2 bags of Idaho Spuds Roasted Garlic flavor potatoes
- 4 slices whole wheat bread torn into pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon dried sage
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- salt + pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large pan, saute the onion and kale in butter over medium heat for approximately 10 minutes or until the kale is wilted.
- Remove the pan from heat and stir in potatoes, bread, sage, parsley and salt + pepper.
- Pour stuffing mixture into a medium sized casserole dish.
- Bake, uncovered for 50-60 minutes or until the top is slightly browned and crisp.
- Serve and enjoy.