Make this SLOW COOKER Broccoli Potato Cheese Soup for a comfort food dinner on a cold Winter night. The soup is cooked on high in a slow cooker for 4 hours. This easy soup recipe is delicious!
The end of November brought cold weather and rainy days. Because of the added layers to stay warm and the drizzle of rain it also brought a laziness to the dinner table. I’ve been stuck in a dinner rut the last few weeks making easy and quick meals. It usually gets to dinner time and we’re both too tired to really think of anything new so it’s something simple. I am craving comfort food right now. Hearty, creamy and cheesy is what I want. To make a comforting Winter meal that is still simple and quick, I brought out my slow cooker and this Broccoli and Potato Cheese Soup was born.
This soup pretty much is the definition of comfort food. It’s potatoes and onions slow cooked in broth. Then we’re going to add the broccoli. Add in some cheddar cheese, stir it around and we have a extra creamy soup that is the perfect dish to serve on a cold night. With most soups, I always suggest adding some crusty bread, or a leftover Thanksgiving dinner roll so you can dip it in the soup.
Enjoy this Slow Cooker Broccoli Potato Cheese Soup, and I hope you stay warm!
- 1 large onion chopped
- 5 cups potatoes peeled and diced
- 5 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 medium sized head of broccoli chopped
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- Spray a slow cooker with nonstick spray. Add onions, potatoes and broth into slow cooker. Cook on high for 4 hours.
- With 30 minutes remaining add broccoli to slow cooker and stir.
- In a small bowl mix cornstarch and milk together. With 15 minutes remaining add cornstarch mixture to slow cooker.
- When 4 hours is up, add shredded cheese and mix until melted.
- Serve in bowls.
- Servings: 4-5