Easy to make Chocolate Avocado Brownies recipe that is incredibly fudgy and packed with healthy fats. They’re gluten free, grain free and delicious!
I stock up sometimes in the supermarket with avocados because my mind is racing with so many ideas. Usually though I come home with multiple avocados and only use them for tortilla soup. But this time, I was craving something sweet – Avocado Brownies to the rescue!
I made this recipe video to show you all the steps for easy baking!
Why These Brownies are the Best
Surprisingly, avocados work really well in baked goods. Avocados can replace butter, shortening, and sometimes even eggs. They make desserts super moist and delightfully rich, while adding nutrients and healthy fats.
Why else are these brownies amazing? They’re made with applesauce instead of butter or oil! They are gluten free and grain free (no flour!)! They are the perfect brownies to make if you have that overripe avocado that you don’t know what to do with! These brownies are WIN WIN WIN!
Can you taste the avocado in the brownies?
The avocado is mild and when paired with cocoa and chocolate chips, you’ll never even taste it. The avocado is a substitute for the butter and oil and makes the brownies fudgy and moist.
My husband who doesn’t like avocados at all gobbles these brownies up happily. He still doesn’t know they’re made with avocados. I know, I’m sneaky. 🙂
Ingredients You Need
You probably don’t even need to go to the grocery store to buy any of these ingredients, I bet you might have everything in your kitchen already!
- 1 avocado
- apple sauce
- creamy peanut butter
- white sugar
- brown sugar
- cocoa powder
- chocolate chips
How Do You Make Avocado Brownies?
Start this recipe by preheating the oven to 350 degrees F and spray an 8×8-inch pan with cooking spray.
Now, mash the avocado up with a fork or potato masher. Try to get it super creamy, with no lumps. In a large mixing bowl, combine the mashed avocado with the applesauce, peanut butter, egg, sugars, and vanilla. Stir until you a smooth brownie mix.
Next add in the cocoa powder and chocolate chips. Stir all of the ingredients together.
Pour the brownie batter into the prepared pan, smoothing the top with a spatula.
Cook the brownies for 33-35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Tips For Making These Brownies
- The chocolate chips are a key to this recipe because you put them into the mixture whole – not melted. As the brownies bake, the chocolate chips will melt which makes the brownies intensely decadent.
- If you want to make them dairy free, that’s easy too! Just substitute the chocolate chips with vegan chocolate chips .
- When they come out of the oven, as hard as it may be, let them cool. This is very important because they are so fudgy, if they don’t cool completely they will fall apart. They are definitely worth the wait!
So eat one, go for it. You deserve it. Eat it with a fork. Eat it with a spoon. Eat it plain. Throw ice cream on top. Throw whip cream on top. Throw sprinkles on top. Just throw it in your mouth already.
Other Brownie Recipes You Might Like:
- Cake Batter Brownies
- Fudgy Black Bean Brownies
- Extra Strong Coffee Brownies
- Little Debbie Cosmic Brownies
- Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Brownies
Other Chocolate Recipes You Might Like:
- Gooey Chocolate Butter Cake
- The Best Chocolate Milkshake
- Chocolate Vegan Fudge
- Banana Chocolate Soft Serve Ice Cream
- Chocolate Chip Donuts
- Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Ice Cream
Pin for later:
Chocolate Avocado BrowniesPrint
- 1 avocado mashed up with a spoon
- 3 tablespoons apple sauce
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 8×8 pan with cooking spray, set aside.
- Mash your avocado up with a fork or spoon, as creamy as you can get it.
- Add your apple sauce, peanut butter, egg, sugar, brown sugar, vanilla. Stir until smooth.
- Add your cocoa powder and chocolate chips. Stir all together.
- Pour into pan, smooth top with spatula.
- Cook for 33-35 minutes or until your toothpick comes out clean.
Leave a Comment