Need some caffeine? Make these extra strong coffee brownies! This is an easy recipe using strong coffee to make fudgy chocolate brownies.
Extra Strong Coffee Brownies Recipe
Do you need a caffeine fix? Yeah, me too. You’re going to love these Extra Strong Coffee Brownies that will definitely give you a boost of energy.
This recipe uses coffee concentrate made from simmered down coffee to make extra strong coffee. The result are fudgy chocolate brownies that will help you make it through when you need some caffeine!
What does coffee do in brownies?
Coffee makes brownies taste more rich in chocolate flavor, as well as provides caffeine. A little bit of coffee goes a long way in enhancing the flavor.
How much coffee do I add to brownie mix?
You will need 2/3 cup strong coffee for this recipe. I recommend starting with 6 cups and simmering it until it boils down to 2/3 cup concentrate. This will make very strong coffee which is sure to make caffeinated brownies!
If you don’t have the time to simmer down the coffee, I also provide an easy way to speed up the recipe below.
How to Make Coffee Brownies
Coffee concentrate. To make these brownies extra strong, start with 6 cups of coffee, pick your favorite blend. Add to a large pot, bring to a boil and simmer until it reduces to 2/3 cup. This should take about 30 minutes to 1 hour.
Make brownie batter. In a large bowl, using an electric hand mixer, combine white sugar, brown sugar and butter. Add in eggs, vanilla, coffee, flour, cocoa powder, salt, baking powder. Finally stir in chocolate chips with a spoon.
Bake. Pour brownie batter into a 8×8 pan and bake for 33-35 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool before cutting up into squares.
I hope you love these Coffee Brownies as much as I do!
Want to speed up the recipe?
Although I definitely recommend trying the original recipe, and reducing coffee from 6 cups to 2/3 cup concentrate, I know it’s time-consuming and sometimes you want brownies right away!
Alternatively you can use 2/3 cup strong brewed coffee. This doesn’t make the brownies as strong, but they’re still very delicious!
More Brownie Recipes:
Confetti Cake Batter Brownies
Chocolate Avocado Brownies
Fudgy Black Bean Brownies
Little Debbie Cosmic Brownies Recipe
Chocolate Kidney Bean Brownies with Peanut Butter Frosting
Gooey Chocolate Butter Cake
Pin for later:
Extra Strong Coffee Brownies.Print
- 6 cups strong coffee
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips.
- In a large pot, add coffee and bring to a low boil over medium high heat. Simmer until coffee is reduced to 2/3 of a thick concentrate. Stir often to avoid burning the coffee. This takes about 30 minutes to 1 hour. This can be also be done in advance as it's the most time-consuming step of the recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Add white sugar, brown sugar and melted butter in a large bowl, mix until combined with electric hand mixer. Add in eggs, vanilla extract and coffee, continuing to stir. Add flour, cocoa powder, salt and baking powder until the batter is smooth. Add in chocolate chips and stir with a spoon.
- Spray a 8×8 baking pan with nonstick spray. Pour batter into baking pan. Bake for 33-35 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Remove from oven and allow to cool before cutting into squares.
Check out my Brownies web story here!