HOMEMADE Copycat Little Debbie Cosmic Brownies – just like you remember as a kid! Each brownie is 150 calories! This easy to make recipe includes a rich chocolate fudge frosting and rainbow sprinkles on top! Make this brownie dessert to share with your family!
These chocolate brownies covered in rainbow sprinkles bring back memories! I have fond memories of picking out the weekly grocery store snack when I was a kid, most often reaching for a box of Little Debbie Cosmic Brownies! What wasn’t to love about these brownies? They were chocolate! They were soft! They had rainbow sprinkles! They had “Cosmic” in the title! They were so cool!
Whenever I’m in the grocery store now and I walk by the display of Little Debbie pastries, my eyes always dart to quickly find the Cosmic Brownies. I usually smile quickly and move along. This time though, I decided I was going to make my favorite childhood brownies! Enjoy these Homemade Copycat Little Debbie Cosmic Brownies!
Copycat Little Debbie Cosmic Brownies
2 things always call out to me when you see a cosmic brownie: the frosting and the sprinkles! Let’s talk frosting first!
Little Debbie brownies always have a shiny, rich layer of chocolate fudge frosting on top. We’re making a similar frosting for this recipe that’s going to be just as shiny as the packaged brownies! When you pour the frosting on the brownies let it sit for a few minutes to set completely. You can even put them in the refrigerator for a few minutes to set them quicker!
The other thing that makes Little Debbie Cosmic Brownies special is the sprinkles! I used cosmic ball sprinkles on them, as well as added rainbow sprinkles for my own personal touch! The ball sprinkles are a little hard to find, but if you have a baking store they will most likely have them! Amazon of course has them. If all else fails, you could use Sixlets candies!
Can you put sprinkles in the oven? I recommend not adding the sprinkles on these brownies until after you pull them from the oven – this will result in much brighter colors and prevent your sprinkles from melting!
How many calories are these Little Debbie Cosmic Brownies?
Each brownie is 150 calories a piece!
Hope you enjoy these homemade Little Debbie Cosmic Brownies and they bring back happy childhood memories! They make the best birthday brownies too!
Pin for later:
More Brownie Recipes!
Looking for more brownie recipes? Try my..
Little Debbie Cosmic Brownies RecipePrint
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup confectioners powdered sugar
- rainbow sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 8x8 pan with nonstick spray.
- Add butter, white sugar, brown sugar, eggs and vanilla to large bowl. Mix until sugar is dissolved. Add cocoa powder, flour, salt and baking powder and continue to mix.
- Pour brownie mix into pan and place in the oven. Bake for 28-30 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes before frosting.
- When brownies are cooking prepare your frosting. Mix melted butter, cocoa powder, honey and vanilla in bowl. Add powdered sugar and continue to mix until smooth.
- Pour frosting on top of brownies, smoothing it out with spatula if needed. Immediately add rainbow sprinkles on top. Let frosting set for 10 minutes before cutting brownies into squares and serving.