It wasn’t even a week ago I was showing you my red bean brownies (with sinful frosting), so are you surprised to see another brownie recipe up here? Yeah, me neither.
This week I’ve been feeling the January blues. Maybe it’s the constant chill on my cheeks when outside, maybe it’s the cold knee caps when waiting for the bus, maybe it’s the Winter comfort food binge, maybe it’s a long list of jobs that need to be completed (but instead I put on my pajamas and watch Amazon Prime videos while feeling guilty for not completing the jobs). So what do I do but make another batch of brownies? But this time I add sprinkles, but because sprinkles automatically equals a party, right?
These Triple Chocolate Brownies are going to make for a better Winter time treat because there’s not that much guilt involved in them. I’m using AllWhites Egg Whites which is 100% liquid egg whites with no yolk, fat-free, cholesterol-free and low-calorie egg product packed with essential nutrients and vitamins. These can be found in your refrigerated dairy section and is a great source of protein to keep on hand (just this morning Matthew made a egg sandwich with them).
Instead of adding a bunch of oil I’m substituting most of it with applesauce. This is going to cause those brownies to be fudgy and moist in the middle!
Enjoy these HEALTHY TRIPLE Chocolate Brownies!
Pin for later:
HEALTHY TRIPLE Chocolate BrowniesPrint
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1/3 cup AllWhites Egg Whites
- 2 Tbsp. canola oil
- 2 squares 1 oz. each semi sweet baking chocolate, melted
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/4 cup miniature semi sweet chocolate chips
- Sprinkles rainbow!
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 8-inch square baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Stir together flour, sugar, brown sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt until well mixed. Stir in applesauce, AllWhites Egg Whites, canola oil, melted baking chocolate and vanilla just until well mixed; careful not to over stir. Spread brownie mixture into prepared pan. Sprinkle with miniature chocolate chips.
- Bake 20 to 24 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Do not over bake.
- Add rainbow sprinkles on top.
- Let cool and cut into squares.