Easy Ground Beef Chili Recipe served inside bread bowls! This quick dinner is ready in 20 minutes and your family will love it!
Easy Chili Recipe
If you live in the Northeast, you’re likely feeling the fall season. The temperature changed quickly, suddenly calling for heavy jackets and hats. To warm you up, I wanted to share this Easy Ground Beef Chili Recipe with you; it’s a simple meal that the entire family will enjoy!
If you’re a parent, you probably have an endless list of activities to do every day. Between your career, your children’s school, and their extracurricular activities, it’s probably difficult to carve out an hour to make dinner once everyone is home.
I’m excited to share a homemade chili recipe that doesn’t require a slow cooker or an hour in the kitchen – this dish only takes 20 minutes and it’s sure to warm everyone’s hearts (and tummies!) on the busiest nights.
The base of this recipe is ground beef. I recommend using a 90% lean beef that won’t make your chili greasy. You should brown your beef alongside garlic powder, green pepper and onion. As soon as you start doing this, your family will already be running to the kitchen wondering what smells so great!
In addition to the ground beef, you’ll need the other key components of a great chili: a delicious tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, kidney beans and black beans.
Chili Bread Bowl
You could serve this easy chili in a regular bowl, sure, that would be delicious, but to take it to the next level, put the chili in a bread bowl. This is a sure way to make your family happy, because you can all dip the bread right into it. Who doesn’t love dipping bread into chili? I sure do!
To make easy bread bowls, you will need Kaiser sandwich rolls. You can usually find these in the bakery section of your supermarket and they’re cheap – my bakery sells 4 for $1! What a steal!
Then carefully, with a knife, cut out a circle on top of each bread bowl, but not too close to the sides otherwise the bread bowl will cave in. Remove the circle and the bread that’s connected inside the Kaiser roll.
And just like, ta-da! You have a bread bowl.
Then comes the best time – time to dive into this Easy Ground Beef Chili! I hope your family loves it as much as mine does!
Pin for later:
Easy Ground Beef Chili RecipePrint
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 small onion diced
- 1 green pepper diced
- 1 14.5 ounce can Redpack Petite Diced Tomatoes
- 1 8 ounce can Redpack Tomato Sauce
- 1 15 ounce can kidney beans undrained
- 1 15 ounce can black beans undrained
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 6 kaiser rolls optional: to use as bread bowls
- Add ground beef, garlic powder, onion and green pepper to large pan. Cook beef on medium high heat until browned.
- Add in diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, kidney beans, black beans, salt and chili powder, mixing to combine. Cook on high heat, simmering for 10 minutes, allowing some of the liquid to boil off.
- Cut open kaiser rolls to use as bread bowls and scoop chili inside of each. Optional: Top the chili off with shredded cheese and a scoop of sour cream!