CHEESY Taco Casserole is EASY to make. This simple baked casserole recipe is made with elbow noodles, tomato soup, ground beef and lots of cheddar cheese! This is a yummy dinner that everyone will love – especially the kids!
Some people like to say “Taco Tuesday” but I like to say “Tacos Everyday!”.
Tacos are one of my favorite meals, I can basically eat them every night and never get sick of them. The thing I love about tacos is you can have them so many ways. Maybe you’re in a burrito mood, maybe you’re in a hard shell mood, maybe you’re in a salad moon, maybe you’re in a soup mood, maybe you’re in a pepper steak mood, or maybe you want a casserole. In the case of the casserole, I got you covered.
Say hello to your new favorite dinner, Cheesy Taco Casserole!
This is a good ol comfort meal, perfect after a hard day of work. In the Winter time, this really warms up my bones in all the right spots. It has plenty of fresh vegetables (green pepper, tomatoes, jalapeno peppers), along with tomato soup that is going to hold those noodles together and soak up the good stuff. And that extra cheesy layer on top? Yup, you will fall in love with it.
Speaking of Winter, does it feel like Winter yet where you are? Here in NYC I woke up yesterday to a surprise snow fall. I had to make my way up to the Upper West Side for a appointment and stopped to stare lovingly at Central Park getting it’s first snow dusting of the season. I quickly took this picture and then threw my hands back in my gloves because BRRRRRRRR it was cold out!
The next couple of days are sure to be cold (today will be the coldest all Winter) so I’ll be curling up with this casserole this evening.
I hope you enjoy it and it keeps you warm!
Pin for later:
Cheesy Taco Ground Beef Casserole
CHEESY Taco Casserole is EASY to make. This simple baked casserole recipe is made with elbow noodles, tomato soup, ground beef and lots of cheddar cheese! This is a yummy dinner that everyone will love - especially the kids!
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup of elbow macaroni or bow ties
- 1 large green pepper - chopped
- 1 10.75 ounce can of condensed tomato soup
- 2 cups fresh tomatoes - diced
- 1 package of taco seasoning mix
- 3/4 cup shredded taco blend cheese
- 2 jalapenos - chopped finely for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook pasta until al dente. Drain, set aside.
- In a pan cook ground beef with green pepper until meat is brown.
- Mix in tomato soup, tomatoes and taco seasoning.
- Stir in pasta until everything is combined.
- Put mixture in a baking dish.
- Sprinkle cheese on top of the casserole.
- Add finely chopped up jalapenos on top.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve warm, enjoy.
Looking for more easy dinner recipes?
Try my Texas Toast Casserole!