This extra-easy cheesy taco dinner casserole is ready to serve in just 45 minutes! It combines cooked ground beef, pasta noodles, taco seasoning and a can of tomato soup with shredded taco-blend cheese. Bake in the oven until brown-edged and bubbling! It’s a simple casserole dish and a family favorite.
Easy Dinner Casserole: Cheesy Taco Casserole
If the entire family loves taco night (and you love an easy dinner), make this cheesy taco pasta casserole! It has all the delicious taco flavors you know and love but in a simple baked taco casserole!
Cook the bow tie noodles, brown the ground beef with green bell pepper, and then add everything into a casserole dish to mix. Bake in the oven until the cheese is bubbly and browned, and dinner is ready!
If you’re looking for a easy dinner casserole that the kids (and adults) will all love, give this a try!
Ingredients for ground beef taco casserole
This is such a simple list of ingredients. You might already have everything in your kitchen to make this taco pasta bake!
- bow tie pasta
- ground beef
- green bell pepper
- can of tomato soup
- taco seasoning mix
- shredded cheese (cheddar or taco blend)
What other noodles can I use for taco noodle casserole?
Bow ties, also known as farfalle pasta, are our favorite for taco pasta bake because the nooks and crannies trap all the saucy ingredients! Plus bow ties are one of my kid’s favorites because they’re so fun!
If you’re out of bow tie pasta, you can also use penne, rotini, rigatoni, elbow noodles or medium shells! All of them will still result in a yummy taco casserole!
What Is Taco Seasoning Made Of?
Taco seasoning recipes can vary but many contain the following common ingredients: paprika, chili, onion powder, and garlic powder. You can make your own easily or you can buy it from the grocery store. To save money, I recommend buying the bulk container as it saves a ton!
How to make taco pasta casserole
Cook the bow tie pasta according to the box, drain, and set aside.
In a large skillet, brown ground beef with green bell pepper. Drain any excess grease.
Add the pasta to the skillet along with the tomato soup, tomatoes, and taco seasoning and stir.
Pour into a 9×13 size baking dish.
Sprinkle shredded cheese on top. You can use taco blend or regular cheddar.
Bake until cheese is browned and bubbly then serve and enjoy this delicious, cheesy taco pasta bake!
Baked taco casserole add-ins
- Out of fresh tomatoes?: You can use a 15-ounce can of diced tomatoes instead.
- Want more crunch? Add a can of drained corn into the casserole.
- Want it spicy?: You can add 1-2 finely diced jalapeno peppers if you want it spicy!
- Toppings: Add crushed tortilla chips, sour cream, guacamole or taco sauce on top when serving if desired.
Storing and heating leftovers
If you love this meal, then you’re in for a treat because the leftovers taste amazing too! Place leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Eat leftovers within 3-4 days.
Reheat in the microwave until warmed up thoroughly in the middle, or heat up in the oven.
Pin for later:
Cheesy Taco Pasta Casserole with Ground BeefPrint
- 16 ounce box bow tie pasta
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small green bell pepper chopped
- 10.75 ounce can condensed tomato soup
- 2 large tomatoes chopped
- 1 package taco seasoning mix
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (or taco blend)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cook bow tie pasta according to time on the box until al dente. Drain, and set the pasta aside.
- In a large skillet, add ground beef and green pepper, cooking until the ground beef is browned, about 10 minutes. Drain any excess grease from the pan.
- Add cooked pasta into the skillet, along with the tomato soup, tomatoes and taco seasoning. Stir to fully combine with the ground beef mixture.
- Pour mixture into a 9×13 baking dish. Sprinkle shredded cheese on top.
- Bake for 30 minutes or cheesy is bubbly and lightly browned. Serve and enjoy! Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days.