Cheesy Taco Casserole made with ground beef, bow tie pasta, taco seasoning, and shredded cheese—perfect for the whole family on busy weeknights. Top with your favorite taco toppings as desired!
The Best Cheesy Taco Casserole Recipe
If the entire family loves taco night (and you love an easy dinner), make this cheesy taco pasta casserole! It has all the delicious taco flavors you know and love but in a simple casserole dish. We usually serve it as is, but you can also add whatever toppings you want (ideas below).
It’s a great recipe if you are looking for an easy weeknight meal, and if you have any leftovers, it makes a great lunch the next day too!
How to Make Cheesy Taco Casserole
Cook the bow tie pasta according to the box, drain, and set aside,
In a large skillet, brown ground beef with green pepper. Drain excess grease.
Add the pasta to the skillet along with the tomato soup, tomatoes, and taco seasoning and stir.
Pour into a 9×13 size baking dish.
Sprinkle shredded cheese on top. You can use taco blend or regular cheddar.
Bake for a half hour, then serve, and enjoy this delicious, cheesy taco pasta bake!
Substitutions & Tips
- Fresh tomatoes: You can use a 15-ounce can of diced tomatoes instead.
- Pasta: Use elbow noodles or mini bow ties if you can find them!
- Spicy: You can add 1-2 finely diced jalapeno peppers if you want it spicy!
- Toppings: Add crushed tortilla chips, sour cream, or guacamole.
What Is Taco Seasoning Made Of?
Taco seasoning recipes can vary but many contain the following common ingredients: paprika, chili, onion powder, and garlic powder. You can make your own easily or you can buy it from the grocery store. To save money, I recommend buying the bulk container as it saves a ton!
More Taco-Inspired Recipes
If you love this easy weeknight meal, try these other taco recipes!
- Taco Enchilada Casserole
- Taco Spaghetti Casserole
- Vegetarian Taco Casserole
- Baked Black Bean Tacos
- Easy Chicken Nachos
Pin for later:
Cheesy Taco CasserolePrint
- 16 ounce box bow tie pasta
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small green pepper chopped
- 10.75 ounce can condensed tomato soup
- 2 large tomatoes diced
- 1 package taco seasoning mix
- 1 cup shredded taco blend cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cook bow tie pasta until al dente. Drain, and set the pasta aside.
- In a large skillet, add ground beef and green pepper, cooking until the ground beef is browned, about 10 minutes. Drain any excess grease from the pan.
- Add pasta into the skillet, along with the tomato soup, tomatoes and taco seasoning. Stir to fully combine with the ground beef mixture.
- Pour mixture into a 9×13 baking dish. Sprinkle shredded cheese on top.
- Bake for 30 minutes or cheesy is bubbly. Serve and enjoy!