Sweet Cornbread made with Jiffy corn muffin mix. This comes out so fluffy and moist and is perfect for serving with BBQ, chili, baked beans, mac and cheese and Tex Mex food!
Sweet Cornbread Recipe
Ok throw all your other cornbread recipes away, because this is it. This cornbread is moist, sweet and will melt in your mouth! This is more a Southwestern style Tex Mex cornbread recipe due to it’s sweetness. If you’ve ever had Chevy’s sweet corn, this tastes just like it!
Everyone will love this cornbread recipe, adults, kids, even the random person who says “I don’t like cornbread” – after trying this, yes you will!
How to Make Cornbread in the Oven
Mix all the ingredients together in a large mixing bowl. You can just use a spoon for this, no need to get out the electric hand mixer!
Pour into a 9×9 baking dish that’s been sprayed with nonstick spray.
Bake for around 45 minutes. Once removed from the oven, allow to sit for 15 minutes to fully set and cool down.
Slice into pieces and then serve. We always like a little butter spread on top!
What can I serve with corn bread?
Well you can just eat corn bread by itself because it’s SO GOOD! But here’s some of my favorites to serve with it:
- Pasta Salad
- BBQ Chicken (really any type of BBQ, but especially chicken and spare ribs)
- Baked Beans
- Mac and Cheese
- Crockpot Idaho Potato Soup
- Tex Mex Food
Do I need to use Jiffy corn muffin mix? No, you can use another brand of cornbread mix if you’d like.
Can I omit the eggs? Yes, you can! Just skip them.
Can I use canned cream of corn? You can, but I would reduce the sugar since the corn and corn muffin mix both already have sugar in it.
Can I use something instead of sugar? You can either skip the sugar completely, or use 2 tablespoons honey instead.
Can I bake this in my cast iron pan instead? Yes, you can.
Can I make this spicy? Sure, add 1 jalapeño pepper, finely chopped up. You should also try my Moist Jalapeno Cornbread!
Pin for later:
Easy Sweet Cornbread (made with Jiffy)Print
- 2 (8 ounce boxes) corn bread muffin mix
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 (15 ounce can) corn, drained
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9×9 baking dish with nonstick spray.
- In a large mixing bowl add corn bread muffin mix, sugar, milk and eggs and stir until well combined. Add in the corn and continue mixing.
- Pour corn bread mixture into the baking dish.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes, or until the center is fully baked (knife comes out clean). Remove from oven and allow to cool be for serving. We love a little butter on our cornbread when eating!