Welcome to a new week, I hope you all had a lovely weekend.
We have a new favorite dinner that we’ve been making almost bi-weekly now, it’s Easy Cheesy Lasagna Skillet. Lasagna is hands down one of our favorite dinners, but sometimes you just don’t have the time to organize the layers and bake in the oven, this skillet is quick, cheesy and oh goodness is it delicious. What makes this lasagna extra special? Well besides the ricotta cheese which makes everything creamy, there’s Sweet Italian Sausage which I’m pretty much in love with at the moment. After I brown the sausage there’s a good 3 minute period where I just stand by the stove and eat it out of the pan.
Added into the lasagna is garden fresh spaghetti sauce, fresh basil, green peppers and some mushrooms. In my opinion life is better when there is mushrooms and green peppers involved. Lately, we’ve been putting them on our pizza too – what a great combo.
So next time you are craving lasagna but don’t want to wait or do the extra work, throw all these ingredients in a skillet and you’ll have the creamiest dinner in all the land! This is definitely a keeper. Bonus: Leftovers are delicious!
Easy Cheesy Lasagna SkilletPrint
- 12 lasagna noodles - broken in half
- 1 pound sweet Italian sausage - out of their casings
- 24 oz jar of spaghetti sauce
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 8 oz cut up mushrooms
- 1 green pepper diced
- handful of fresh basil
- Brown sausage in skillet.
- Break lasagna noodles in half and cook as directed. Drain.
- When noodles are cooked add them to the skillet of browned sausage. Add in spaghetti sauce, ricotta cheese, 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, mushrooms and diced green pepper.
- Cook until melted and well heated, about 10 minutes on medium heat. Stir so ricotta is distributed evenly.
- Put remaining 1 cup mozzarella cheese on top, sprinkle fresh basil on top. Cover and cook until cheese is completely melted.