How many times do we have pizza a month? Don’t ask. We are pizza monsters. Favorite food? It’s hard to choose, it’s like telling me to pick a favorite cat (all of them!). But pizza is definitely up there in the number ones. How much do we love pizza? Well we made a video once about pizza, it even included a dancing pizza costume and playing baseball with some slices of pizza and a handle to hit them out of the park. It was part of a installation piece where you could walk up to a screen and feed friends pizza with a press of a pizza button.
Last year we had a solo art show in London, it was about dinosaurs (another love that we’ll talk about some other time) and at our opening we had a pizza truck.
I mean does life get any cooler than that – going to London, having your own show you made with your best friend about dinosaurs and then having a pizza truck whipping out pizzas all night long? Life goal: Accomplished.
So yeah, we really love pizza and now you know a little more about my life outside of Brooklyn Farm Girl. Dinosaurs and pizza.
Sometimes we’re craving pizza but we don’t want to spend the money on takeout and we don’t feel like making homemade dough. Problem solved, let me introduce you to Mini Biscuit Pizzas.
These Mini Pizzas are great because they take 12 minutes in the oven. That means you can have yummy pizza to eat in about 15 minutes because there’s not much more to do then to dice up some green peppers and mushrooms. In the recipe I suggest pepperoni, green peppers and mushrooms but feel free to make these pizzas your own, top them with whatever you like. Speaking of – what’s your favorite pizza topping?
Mini Biscuit Pizzas
- 1 16 oz can Pillsbury Grands refrigerated biscuits
- 1 cup Pizza sauce
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 24 pepperoni slices
- 1/2 cup diced green peppers
- 1/2 cup chopped mushrooms
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Press each biscuit down with your hand or rolling pin until it becomes around 5 inches round.
- Place biscuits down on greased cookie sheets.
- Top each biscuit with pizza sauce, cheese, pepperoni, peppers and mushrooms.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until bottoms are golden brown.
Brooklyn Farm Girl http://brooklynfarmgirl.com/