Easy Slow Cooker Spare Ribs recipe that takes 8 hours in the crock pot! These BBQ spare ribs taste sweet and smokey and will make your mouth water!
Slow Cooker BBQ Spare Ribs Recipe
These Spare Ribs are finger licking delicious! They’re slow cooked in a sweet and smokey barbecue sauce, so the meat is going to fall off the bone. I told you, finger licking good!
This recipe is easy to make, all you need to do is add a couple ingredients into the crock pot, add your spare ribs and then wait for 8 hours for them to be done. Bonus: during the 8 hours your kitchen is going to smell better and better!
How long do spare ribs take in the slow cooker?
Spare ribs take 8 hours on LOW in the slow cooker. This will produce super moist meat that just falls right off the bone!
- pork spare ribs
- salt and pepper
- barbecue sauce (use your favorite or make homemade bbq sauce!)
- brown sugar
- finely chopped onion
- finely chopped bell pepper (I recommend red, but green is ok too!)
- minced garlic
How to Make Spare Ribs in the Crockpot
This crockpot recipe is incredibly easy to make. You really just add everything into your slow cooker, and then come back in 8 hours for mouth watering spare ribs!
First, season your spare ribs by rubbing salt and pepper on both sides.
Add the remaining ingredients into the slow cooker and mix to combine. Add spare ribs on top, and spoon the sauce on top of them.
Close the lid and cook, and walk into your kitchen 50 times because you can’t wait to taste these!
Serve and enjoy!
What’s the difference between baby back ribs and spare ribs?
The difference is where the meat comes from. Baby back ribs are cut from the top of the rib cage, while spare ribs are cut from the bottom of the rib cage. The farther you go down the rib cage, the thicker and meatier the ribs get.
What to Serve With Spare Ribs?
- Crockpot Refried Beans
- Collard Greens with Bacon
- Roasted Corn, Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- Cheesy Green Bean and Potato Casserole
- Moist Buttermilk Cornbread or Jalapeno Cornbread
- Corn and Black Bean Salad
- Italian Pasta Salad
More Slow Cooker Recipes You’ll Like
Slow Cooker Pot Roast
Slow Cooker Turkey Chili
Slow Cooker Sausage and Green Peppers
Crock Pot Kielbasa in Tomato Sauce
Crock Pot Chicken Pot Pie
Slow Cooker Caramelized Onions
BBQ Slow Cooker Chicken Thighs
Slow Cooker Kielbasa and Cabbage
Pin for later:
Slow Cooker Spare RibsPrint
- 2 pounds pork spare ribs
- salt + pepper
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- Rub your spareribs on both sides with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Add barbecue sauce, brown sugar, onion, bell pepper and garlic into slow cooker. Stir to combine. Add spare ribs on top, and spoon sauce mixture to cover them.
- Cook on LOW for 8 hours.
- Serve and enjoy!