Mexican Vegetarian Lasagna recipe that is filled with veggies, ricotta and mozzarella cheese! Taco seasoning gives it a delicious Mexican flavor! This is easy to make and can be prepared ahead of time for a quick weeknight meal!
We are loving this dish right now in our house because it’s easy to make and filled with garden fresh veggies and comforting cheese. Many times I’ll prepare this lasagna earlier in the day so all I have to do is turn on the oven and throw it in when it’s dinner time. Whenever I make this I text Matthew a photo of the lasagna and he’ll text back hearts and swoony faces. Back-to- school season is one of the busiest times of the year, and families are on the lookout for easy meals that deliver big on flavor. This is a lasagna that the family will fall in love with.
This lasagna is filled with veggies that go perfect with the “Mexican” flavor. Most vegetarian lasagna recipes use eggplant and zucchini but I don’t . Why? That’s easy. We don’t grow those vegetables, hah. Case closed. Instead I use the veggies that are grown in our garden to make this as fresh as possible. There’s kale, tomatoes, green pepper, jalapeno pepper, onion and black beans stacked inside 3 layers of lasagna noodles, alongside ricotta and mozzarella cheese.
For the Mexican flavor add McCormick Organics Taco Seasoning Mix. This is all the spices you need in one convenient packet. I can’t express into words how tasty McCormick’s Taco Seasoning Mix is so you have to try it for yourself. It’s my favorite taco seasoning you can buy in stores! Even though this is a big dish of lasagna, I was surprised that I only needed one packet of taco seasoning. This was packed filled of Mexican spices and flavor! The new recipe mixes come in four family favorite flavors, such as Taco Seasoning Mix, Chili Seasoning Mix, Fajita Seasoning Mix and Brown Gravy Mix. Make sure to check them all out when picking up your taco seasoning for this recipe!
- 9 lasagna noodles
- 4 cups kale - stem removed, chopped
- 1 green pepper - chopped
- 2 tomatoes - chopped
- 1 jalapeno - diced
- 1 onion - chopped
- 15 oz can of black beans - drained
- 32 oz jar of pasta sauce
- 1 packet of McCormick Organics Taco Seasoning
- 15 oz tub of ricotta
- 1 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Bring large salted pot of water to a boil. Cook lasagna according to instructions. When 3 minutes are left, add chopped up kale to the water. Drain noodles and kale. Add kale back to pot.
- Add into the pot with kale: green pepper, tomatoes, jalapeno, onion, black beans, pasta sauce and taco seasoning. Mix everything up.
- Grab your lasagna dish. Add a few spoonfuls of sauce mixture on the bottom.
- Place 3 lasagna noodles down.
- Spread 1/3 of your ricotta on top of the noodles.
- Add 1/3 of your vegetable sauce mixture on top.
- Add 1/3 of your Mozzarella cheese on top.
- Repeat 2 more times.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake 20 minutes.
- Remove aluminum foil and bake 5 minutes.
- Let sit 10 minutes before serving.
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.