Easy Stovetop Taco Soup recipe, ready in 30 minutes. This soup is delicious, made with ground beef and other simple ingredients. Your entire family, including the kids, will devour their bowls!
Fast and Easy Taco Soup
This Stovetop soup is based on my Slow Cooker Taco Soup recipe, but is ready in 30 minutes. Sometimes mornings are busy and I can’t get everything ready in the Slow Cooker in time, so this fast stovetop recipe makes Taco Soup possible.
Also, did I mention this is a 1 pot recipe? Yup, don’t you love it? You’re going to brown the ground beef in a pot, and then use that same pot to add all the other soup ingredients. Less dishes equals more happiness in my opinion!
This Taco Soup is a favorite of my family, and it can totally be customized with toppings depending on what you like. For example, Matthew prefers crushed up tortilla chips, sour cream and cheese on his, while Enceladus and I are team avocado and cheese all the way. However you decide to serve it, you must try it!
This soup calls for simple ingredients that I always have in my kitchen. I hope you have everything too!
- small onion
- green bell pepper
- ground beef
- beef broth
- can of black beans (or make your own black beans)
- diced tomatoes (fresh or canned)
- frozen corn (or canned)
- taco seasoning
How to Make
Brown. In a large pot brown 1 pound ground beef with chopped up onion and green bell pepper.
Add ingredients to pot. Add beef broth, black beans, diced tomatoes, corn and taco seasoning (want to make your own? recipe below) into the pot with the ground beef.
Tip: Want it to be extra special? Use roasted corn. Here’s how to cook corn in the oven.
Simmer. On medium high heat, simmer for 20 minutes.
Serve. Serve this soup in bowls, adding crushed tortillas chips avocado, sour cream, shredded cheese, cilantro or whatever else you want to add on top.
I hope you enjoy this Stovetop Taco Soup as much as my family does!
Homemade Taco Seasoning
This recipe calls for 1 packet of taco seasoning. You can use the store bought version or you can make homemade taco seasoning. If you want to make it from scratch, here’s the recipe I use. I like to triple (or more) this recipe and store in a glass spice jar. When a recipe calls for a taco packet, you will need 2 tablespoons of this homemade taco seasoning.
Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl.
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
Pin for later:
Stovetop Taco SoupPrint
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 green bell pepper chopped
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 15 ounce can black beans don’t drain
- 2 cups diced tomatoes fresh or canned
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- Add ground beef, onion and pepper into large soup pot. Cook the ground beef until browned over medium high heat, about 5-10 minutes.
- Add broth, black beans, diced tomatoes, corn and taco seasoning into pot. Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Serve in bowls and add crushed tortilla chips, sour cream, avocado, cilantro and shredded cheese on top.