Easy to make Black Bean Stew ready in 30 minutes. Ground beef is combined with black beans, diced tomatoes and corn to make a simple one pot meal.
Black Bean Stew Recipe
This Black Bean Stew will warm you up on a cold Winter night. It will also make you happy because it’s ready in 30 minutes and it’s a one pot meal, which means less dishes, which means immediate happiness.
Seasoned ground beef is combined with cans of black beans, diced tomatoes and corn in beef broth and then deliciously simmered. Then you have to serve it with some shredded cheese and crunchy fritos (or tortilla chips!) on top!
How to Easily Make Black Bean Soup
Make the Ground Beef. In a large pot (this is a one pot meal, so we’ll make everything in this pot), brown the ground beef. After browned, drain any fat remaining in the pot. Add a packet of taco seasoning and stir to coat the ground beef.
Add the cans. Add cans of black beans, diced tomatoes and corn into the pot, along with beef broth.
Simmer. Bring to a boil and then reduce to low/medium heat and simmer uncovered for 20 minutes.
Serve in bowls, with shredded cheese and fritos on top. If you don’t have fritos you can also add crushed up tortilla chips. If you want it hearty, serve this over white rice (that’s how my family loves it).
I hope you enjoy this 30 minute black bean stew recipe!
Recipe Substitution Questions
- Can I use pinto beans instead of black beans? Yes.
- Can I use dry black beans instead of canned black beans? You can, but you first need to cook them. Here’s how to Make Black Beans in the Instant Pot.
- Can I use frozen corn instead of canned corn? Yes.
- Can I use fresh tomatoes or stewed tomatoes instead of diced tomatoes? Yes you can. Bonus: Make my homemade stewed tomatoes!
- Can I use ground turkey instead of ground beef? Yes, you can.
- Can I use water instead of beef broth? Yes.
- Can I turn this into a Vegetarian Black Bean Stew? Sure. Use veggie crumbles for the meat and use vegetable broth instead of beef broth.
More Healthy Soup Recipes
Pin for later:
Black Bean StewPrint
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 1.25 oz package of taco seasoning
- 1 15 oz can black beans undrained
- 1 15 oz can diced tomatoes undrained
- 1 15 oz can whole kernel corn drained
- 1 ½ cups beef broth
- Shredded cheddar cheese optional
- Fritos optional
- In a large pot over medium high heat brown beef, about 10 minutes. Drain any fat remaining in the pot. Add taco seasoning and stir to completely coat the ground beef.
- Add black beans, diced tomatoes, corn and beef broth to pot and bring to a boil. Reduce to low/medium heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Serve in bowls, adding shredded cheese and fritos on top. Bonus: We love serving this stew on top of white rice.