My favorite taco casserole recipe! This is one of my family’s favorite dinners!
This recipe is up there in the favorites. When I first made it, we had it 2 more times that following week. Since then we’ve had it almost once a week. Even though there’s only 2 of us, we usually finish a entire casserole ourselves. We really really really really love it. Who doesn’t like tacos? Who doesn’t like casseroles? Who doesn’t like cheese on top? It’s like a dream world scenario!
More reasons why this makes me have happy dreams at night:
Taco Casserole Recipe
It’s easy to make.
You can make it early in the day, store it in the fridge and then cook it at night.
It’s pretty – the red and green colors are lovely!
It has cheese on top! Did I mention that already? Sorry.
Feel free to customize it too. You can add a onion if you’d like. Maybe throw some crushed chips on top, or some avocado slices. Just please try this!
When you’re ready to make it..
Pop it into the oven and then enjoy! It’s really that easy!
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup 8 ounces of elbow macaroni noodles
- 1 medium sized green pepper chopped
- 1 10.75 ounce can condensed tomato soup
- 1 14 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 package of taco seasoning mix
- 3/4 cup shredded taco blend cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook pasta until al dente. Drain, set aside.
- In a pan cook ground beef with chopped green peppers until meat is brown.
- Mix in tomato soup, diced tomatoes, taco seasoning. Mix real good.
- Stir in pasta. Mix real good.
- Put mixture into a baking dish.
- Sprinkle cheese on top of the entire casserole.
- Bake for 30 minutes until cheese is melted.
Add a onion (same time you add the green pepper)
Sprinkle crushed up tortilla chips on top
Add avocado slices on top