Easy to make Taco Casserole with ground beef and tortilla chips. Bake in the oven for 30 minutes and serve for a simple weeknight meal.
Taco Casserole is a meal I make fairly often for my family. It only takes about 15 minutes to prep, and 30 minutes to bake, making it a easy weeknight dinner option.
The recipe only calls for a few simple ingredients, most of which I always have on hand. You’ll need ground beef, green pepper, diced tomatoes, tomato soup, taco seasoning, cheddar cheese and tortilla chips – that’s it.
Also, you can totally customize the recipe if you are missing something or want to add your own flavor to it. Make sure to check the bottom of the post for my recipe tips for other ideas.
How to Make Taco Casserole
Here’s all the ingredients you need.
The recipe needs 1 1/2 cups elbow noodles. Bring water to a boil and cook according to the box. Drain and set aside.
Brown ground beef in a pan, along with diced green pepper. You can add a onion in here if you want too.
Once beef is browned, about 10 minutes, add in cooked elbow noodles, diced tomatoes, tomato soup and taco seasoning. Mix it with a spoon to completely combine.
Pour beef mixture into a 8×8 baking dish.
Add 1/2 cup of shredded cheddar cheese on top.
Bake for 30 minutes or until cheese is completely melted. Once removed from the oven, add crushed tortilla chips on top.
Serve and enjoy!
I hope you enjoy this Taco Casserole as much as my family does!
Tips to Make This Recipe
Can I make this ahead of time? Yes, you can prepare this casserole one day in advance. Just put in the refrigerator with aluminum foil on top. You might need to add a couple extra minutes to the baking time if you’re going straight from the refrigerator to oven.
Ingredient Swap. You can use fresh tomatoes instead of diced tomatoes. You can add a onion along with the green pepper.
Toppings. Besides tortilla chips, you can add avocado slices, fresh lettuce and jalapenos (or candied jalapenos!) on top before serving.
Other Mexican Recipes You Might Like:
Stovetop Taco Soup
Easy Chicken Tortilla Soup
Fresh Tomato Salsa
Easy Slow Cooker Taco Soup
Slow Cooker Refried Beans
Slow Cooker Black Beans
Vegetarian Taco Casserole
Pin for later:
Taco Casserole with Ground BeefPrint
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 1/2 cup elbow noodles
- 1 medium green pepper chopped
- 1 14 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 10.75 ounce can condensed tomato soup
- 1 package taco seasoning mix
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup crushed tortilla chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Cook elbow noodles according to box. Drain and set aside.
- In a pan brown ground beef with green peppers, this takes about 10 minutes.
- Once meat is browned add in cooked elbow noodles, diced tomatoes, tomato soup and taco seasoning. Mix with spoon to combine everything.
- Pour beef mixture into a 8×8 baking dish.
- Sprinkle shredded cheese on top of the casserole.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until cheese is melted. Remove from oven and add crushed tortilla chips on top. Serve and enjoy!
Leave a Comment