This berrylicious Strawberry Chocolate Bark is a perfect last-minute Valentine’s Day dessert both kids and adults will love. Every piece features chocolate and white chocolate swirls, freeze-dried strawberries, sea salt, and sprinkles. The sweet and salty flavors are impossible to resist!
Valentine’s Day chocolate bark recipe
Looking for a last-minute dessert you can bring to the party or a Valentine’s Day treat that’s sure to impress? This Strawberry Chocolate Bark is the perfect solution! Made with a handful of simple ingredients, you can have this chocolate dessert prepped and ready to enjoy in just 30 minutes.
Melted bittersweet chocolate and white chocolate chips are swirled together in an irresistible pattern before being topped with freeze-dried strawberries, Valentine’s Day sprinkles, and sea salt. If the pink and red presentation isn’t enough to impress your loved ones, the sweet, berrylicious, and salty flavors are sure to do it!
What is strawberry chocolate bark made of?
All you need are 5 simple ingredients to make this easy, Valentine’s Day-worthy dessert:
- Bittersweet chocolate chips and white chocolate chips – Not a fan of bittersweet chocolate or white chocolate? Both can easily be substituted for any kind of chocolate you like, such as semi-sweet, dark chocolate or milk chocolate. For the bittersweet, I prefer 60% Cacao Bittersweet chocolate chips.
- Freeze-dried strawberries – You should be able to find freeze-dried strawberries (or the freeze-dried berries of your choice) at most major grocery stores. You can also find them on Amazon.
- Pink or red sprinkles – For Valentine’s Day I found these cute sprinkles. The toppings are easy to customize for any occasion! Keep scrolling to check out my extensive list of tasty chocolate bark toppings.
- Flaky sea salt – Salt and chocolate may sound like an odd combination, but they’re perfect together! Sea salt has this magical ability to make chocolate taste even better. Try not to skip it!
How to make homemade chocolate bark
This simple and easy dessert is a perfect last-minute treat. Once the chocolate is melted and topped with berries, all you have to do is let it harden in the fridge! You won’t believe how easy it is to make:
Melt the chocolate chips in the microwave. If they still aren’t melted after `1 minute, continue to microwave them in 15-second increments. Mine usually takes 1 minute, 15 seconds.
Transfer the melted chocolate to a parchment-lined baking sheet. Use a spatula to spread it into an even layer. Note that it won’t spread out over the entire baking sheet, you’re looking for about 1/4 inch thickness.
Melt the white chocolate chips next.
Drizzle the melted white chocolate over top of the chocolate. Run a knife or spatula through the two chocolates so they swirl together.
Sprinkle the freeze-dried strawberries, sprinkles, and salt on top.
Let the chocolate bark chill in the fridge for 30 minutes so it can harden.
Once it’s completely set, break the chocolate bark into pieces, then serve!
How to melt chocolate without a microwave
Chocolate is easy to melt even if you don’t own a microwave. The double broiler method is simple and all you need is a pot of simmering water and a heat-proof bowl:
- Fill a pot ¼ of the way full with water.
- Bring it to a gentle simmer on the stove.
- Place the bittersweet chocolate chips in a large heat-proof bowl and place it on top of the pot of simmering water.
- Stir until the chocolate melts, then repeat for the white chocolate.
Freeze-dried strawberries are so crispy and delicious on Valentine’s Day chocolate bark, but you don’t have to stop there! Customize the bark for the season with any of these fun toppings:
- Conversation hearts
- Chocolate candies
- Holiday-themed sprinkles
- Freeze-dried blueberries
- Chopped nuts
- Pumpkin seeds
- Shredded coconut
- Caramel sauce
- Peanut butter
- Cookie pieces
- Brownie pieces
- Crushed candy canes
- Gingerbread popcorn
And so much more!
How long does chocolate bark last?
The leftover pieces will last for a few days when kept in an airtight container at room temperature. If you prefer firmer chocolate pieces, store the chocolate bark in the fridge instead.
Looking for more easy chocolate treats?
- Fudgy Chocolate Truffles
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Blossoms
- Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Cookies
- Vegan Chocolate Fudge
- White Chocolate Toffee
- Gooey Chocolate Butter Cake
- Chocolate Banana Mug Cake
Pin for later:
Strawberry Chocolate BarkPrint
- 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate chips (I like using bittersweet 60% cacao chocolate chips)
- 8 ounces white chocolate chips
- 1 cup freeze-dried strawberries
- 2 tablespoons sprinkles (color of your choice, for Valentine's Day choose red or pink)
- 1/2 teaspoon flaky sea salt
- Cover a baking pan with parchment paper (or silicone baking mat).
- Add the bittersweet chocolate chips to a bowl and microwave for 1 minute. Check it. Still not melted? Add 15-second increments until they’re melted.
- Add the white chocolate chips to a bowl and microwave for 1 minute. Still not melted? Add 15 second increments until it's melted.
- Using a spatula, spread chocolate out on parchment paper making a rectangular shape, about 1/4 inch thick. Note: the chocolate won't spread out over the entire baking sheet.
- Drizzle the white chocolate over the bittersweet chocolate, making a zigzag shape. Use a spatula and swirl together.
- Add strawberries, sprinkles and sea salt on top of chocolate.
- Place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes, or until chocolate is firm. Use your hands to break into chocolate bark pieces. Serve and enjoy! Any leftovers can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature, or kept in the refrigerator.