A heart is made with a cookie cutter on a slice of bread, and then toasted with jam. The result is a cute piece of heart toast, perfect for a Valentine breakfast!
Valentine’s Day Breakfast
This is a quick and easy Valentine’s Day Breakfast idea, perfect for kids (especially if it’s a quick breakfast before school), or just whenever you want someone (or yourself) to feel the love!
It’s as simple as using a heart cookie cutter to make a heart on a slice of bread, and then filling it with your favorite red jam. Finally, the bread is toasted and you have the cutest slice of heart toast!
I love serving the valentine toast next to strawberries or cherries for a pretty red plate!
How to Make Heart Toast
Grab how many pieces of bread you’re going to want. Then gently press a heart cookie cutter down on the bread.
You want to be careful to not completely cut through the bread.
Using a silicone brush (or carefully with a butter knife) brush your favorite jam into the heart.
Place the toast in the toaster oven and bake until toasted, about 4-6 minutes.
Remove and serve to your special valentine! For an extra treat, add heart sprinkles on top!
What kind of jam is best?
Use any type of red jam that you like. Personally, we love raspberry preserves, but you can also use strawberry jam, strawberry peach, cherry preserves, watermelon jam, etc.
More Valentine’s Day Recipes
Valentine Monster Lollipops
Strawberry Chocolate Bark
Red Velvet Cookies with Frosting
Ricotta and Tomato Heart Sandwiches
Easy Strawberry Pie
Pin for later:
Heart Toast for Valentine’s Day BreakfastPrint
- Bread whole wheat or white
- Raspberry Jam
- Sprinkles (optional)
- Use how many pieces of bread you need. Using a heart cookie cutter, gently press down on each slice of bread in the middle, careful to not completely cut through it.
- Using a brush or butter knife, fill in the heart with jam.
- Toast in the toaster oven until toasted, about 4-6 minutes.
- For an extra treat, add heart sprinkles on the jam. Serve on a plate, next to some strawberries for your special Valentine!
Leave a Comment