A heart is made with a cookie cutter on a slice of bread, and then toasted with jam. The result is a cute piece of heart toast, perfect for a Valentine breakfast!
Valentine’s Day Breakfast
This is a quick and easy Valentine’s Day Breakfast idea, perfect for kids (especially if it’s a quick breakfast before school), or just whenever you want someone (or yourself) to feel the love!
It’s as simple as using a heart cookie cutter to make a heart on a slice of bread, and then filling it with your favorite red jam. Finally, the bread is toasted and you have the cutest slice of heart toast!
I love serving the valentine toast next to strawberries or cherries for a pretty red plate!
How to Make Heart Toast
Grab how many pieces of bread you’re going to want. Then gently press a heart cookie cutter down on the bread.
You want to be careful to not completely cut through the bread.
Using a silicone brush (or carefully with a butter knife) brush your favorite jam into the heart.
Place the toast in the toaster oven and bake until toasted, about 4-6 minutes.
Remove and serve to your special valentine! For an extra treat, add heart sprinkles on top!
What kind of jam is best?
More Valentine’s Day Recipes
Pin for later:
Heart Toast for Valentine’s Day BreakfastPrint
- Bread whole wheat or white
- Raspberry Jam
- Sprinkles (optional)
- Use how many pieces of bread you need. Using a heart cookie cutter, gently press down on each slice of bread in the middle, careful to not completely cut through it.
- Using a brush or butter knife, fill in the heart with jam.
- Toast in the toaster oven until toasted, about 4-6 minutes.
- For an extra treat, add heart sprinkles on the jam. Serve on a plate, next to some strawberries for your special Valentine!