Super cute monster lollipops made with red jolly ranchers for Valentine’s Day. This is a kid-friendly recipe that they can help with! Perfect for Valentine’s day school celebrations, or just sharing with friends and family!
Valentine’s Day Lollipops for Kids
These are the cutest little monster lollipops for Valentine’s Day and they are so easy to make! My daughters and I made a batch this past weekend and they loved watching the jolly ranchers melt to form a lollipop, and then they especially loved decorating the faces with eyeballs and sprinkles!
From start to finish, the lollipops take about 30 minutes, without much cleanup, so I hope you try making them soon!
Supplies for Jolly Racher Lollipops
- Red and Pink Jolly Rancher Candy (there is a pack called Awesome Reds that comes with just red and pink)
- Lollipop Sticks
- Eyeballs and Heart Sprinkles
- Parchment Paper
How to Make Homemade Lollipops
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. This is super important for easy cleanup and to prevent sticking.
Place 3 jolly ranchers together, making sure they are touching (so they melt together).
Leave about 2 inches in between each lollipop as they will expand.
Bake in the oven until jolly ranchers are melted. REALLY REALLY IMPORTANT: You need to watch these closely as they can melt into one big blob monster really quick (trust me, I’ve seen it happen – hah).
Immediately add a lollipop stick into each lollipop.
Use eyeball and face candies, along with sprinkles to transform the lollipops into monster faces Tip: You need to move quickly here as the jolly ranchers will set and harden. Make sure you have all your supplies ready to go!
Allow to cool for around 30 minutes, before eating or placing in bags to hand out.
How to Decorate Monster Lollipops
Now the fun part – let’s make monster faces!
- For eyeballs, use eyeball candies, or round sprinkles.
- For mouths, use circular sprinkles, or put together a couple thin lined sprinkles for a smile. You can also use lip candies.
- Add heart sprinkles to cheeks or use for decoration all over.
I love this set of face decorating sprinkles as it comes with eyeballs, lips, mustaches, stars, teardrops and more in a storage container.
Do I have to use red jolly ranchers?
Absolutely not. These monster lollipops can easily transform into a year round treat. Simply use whatever color/flavor jolly ranchers you want and then follow the recipe as instructed.
For birthdays (or just a fun weekend recipe!) we like to use all the colors and make rainbow lollipops! Have fun! 🙂
How to Store Homemade Lollipops
Store lollipops either in individual plastic bags (perfect for gifts or to hand out for school) or place them all in an airtight container at room temperature.
More Fun Desserts to Make:
Pin for later:
Valentine Monster Lollipops (Jolly Rancher Lollipops)Print
- 24 red and pink jolly ranchers
- 8 lollipop sticks
- eyeball candy and sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees F. Place parchment paper down on a baking sheet.
- Place 3 jolly ranchers together (vertically), making sure they are touching. Leave about 1-2 inches apart for each lollipop. Continue until all the jolly ranchers are gone.
- Place in the oven for 4-7 minutes, or until jolly ranchers are lightly melted. You need to really keep a eye on these as they can melt into one big blob quickly. Start at 4 minutes and then pull them right when you see they have the perfect lollipop shape.
- Remove from oven and immediately place a lollipop stick on the end of each. Roll the lollipop stick gently around the lollipop so the melted jolly rancher covers it.
- Working quickly before candy hardens, decorate monster faces on the lollipops with eyeballs and sprinkles.
- Allow to cool for 30 minutes before eating or placing in bags.