Easy strawberry pie that only takes 20 minutes to make. Bake a pie crust, fill it with 1 quart of fresh strawberries and let chill!
Fresh Strawberry Pie Recipe
This pie is one of my favorite strawberry recipes to make when we’re picking strawberries by the bowl in the garden. I love that Summer provides us with so many fresh blueberries so I can make this pie, blueberry pie and crockpot blueberry cobbler!
The recipe calls for one quart of strawberries and other basic kitchen ingredients. The only thing you need to bake is the pie crust and then just chill the pie. It’s that easy!
The result is a delicious fresh strawberry pie! You can serve as is, but I always add a spoonful of whipped cream on each slice!
How many strawberries are in a quart?
A quart of strawberries is around 1 1/2 pounds. Strawberries are often sold by the quart in grocery stores and farmers market, making it a perfect size to make this pie with. Here’s my tips on how to store strawberries in case you have an overabundance of them!
How long do you need to let a strawberry pie chill for?
You should give it at least 2 hours to chill to set in the refrigerator. If you can give it more hours, or overnight, even better.
Easy Strawberry Pie Step by Step Directions
Bake the pie crust. This can be a store bought pie crust or homemade – whatever is easiest. I used a store bought graham cracker crust.
Add some of the strawberries into the pie crust. I like to stand them up so the pointy side is facing up.
Simmer the remaining strawberries with sugar, cornstarch and water. Add this sugar mixture into the pie crust.
Cover the pie and place in the refrigerator to chill for at least 2 hours, or overnight.
Cut the pie into slices and serve as is, or with whipped cream, ice cream or powdered sugar on top.
How do you keep strawberry pie crust from getting soggy?
My best tip to prevent the pie crust from getting soggy is by adding chocolate. Wait – what?! I know, let me tell you more.
Melt 1/3 cup chocolate chips in the microwave. Once melted, brush chocolate on the bottom and sides of the baked pie crust. Place the pie crust in the refrigerator to allow the chocolate to set, this only takes about 10-15 minutes. And then proceed per recipe instructions.
The set chocolate acts like a hard shell on the bottom of the pie crust preventing it from becoming soggy! And it’s really delicious too! 🙂
I hope you love this fresh strawberry pie! Enjoy!
More Strawberry Desserts:
Pin for later:
Easy Strawberry PiePrint
- 1 (9 inch) pie crust
- 1 quart strawberries stems removed
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3/4 cup water
- Bake the pie crust in the oven. You can use homemade or a store bought pie crust. If you're using homemade, bake as usual. If you are using store bought, follow the instructions on the package to bake it.
- Add 3/4 of the strawberries (whole, stems removed) into the baked pie crust. I like to set them in pointed side up.
- Add the remaining 1/4 of the strawberries into a medium-sized saucepan. Add sugar and mash berries until they're mushy. Place on the stove on medium heat and bring to a boil, stirring frequently so the sugar does not burn.
- In a small bowl mix together cornstarch and water with a fork.
- Add cornstarch mixture to strawberries in the saucepan, a little at a time. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to simmer, mixing frequently until it thickens up, about 10-15 minutes.
- Pour hot mixture over the berries in the pie crust.
- Cover the pie with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours to chill. You can also chill overnight (my preference). Cut pie into slices, adding a little whipped cream on top of each slice when serving (optional but delicious!).